Flieger Klassik 36
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rickster27b
  • 1 Post By stuffler,mike
  • 1 Post By Quenchntemper
  • 2 Post By litchfieldhills

Thread: Flieger Klassik 36

Flieger Klassik 36

Seriously considering getting 36mm flieger Klassik but I cant find any real life pictures or reviews online for it so wantes to ask here if anyone has one and would be willing to share some thoughts pics etc.

This will be my first 36mm watch so just want to get an idea of how it wears and if the quality and finishing is equal to the 40mm version.

The strap it comes with im not a fan of but they have a nice range of straps. Do you think they'd be willing to let me swap it for a different one?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Re: Flieger Klassik 36

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Auto View Post
    Seriously considering getting 36mm flieger Klassik but I cant find any real life pictures or reviews online for it so wantes to ask here if anyone has one and would be willing to share some thoughts pics etc.

This will be my first 36mm watch so just want to get an idea of how it wears and if the quality and finishing is equal to the 40mm version.

The strap it comes with im not a fan of but they have a nice range of straps. Do you think they'd be willing to let me swap it for a different one?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    You know how good their customer service is.... ask them for strap changes, im certain it is possible. Heck you can get different poloshing/brushing on the case even. Just send them an email and they do it.

The quality of the finishing will be the same across the board, regardless of size. I have the 36mm marine and for the style and intended purpose it is a great watch with impeccable finish. Fliegers are traditionally supposed to be larger watches. Sure they are all dial so wear larger. And the simplicity of a baumuster A lends itself better to a smaller watch without being to cramped on the dial compared to a baumuster B.

Still I would go for a watch as large as possible that your wrist can comfortably support. On my very average 7inch wrists I prefer a 40-42mm flieger. Unless you have particularly small wrists a 36mm flieger doesnt make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

This is a pretty good review for the 36 Stowa Flieger on YouTube.

Rick

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0RVkI6Uwfk
    Mr Auto likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Name:  487CA6E3-A3FE-4162-9D7F-8B00BD6ECA1B.jpeg
Views: 177
Size:  1.26 MB

I posted some pictures already last year (Munichtime). Here‘s just one.
    Rickster27b likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I agree. They should be more than happy to help you get what you want.

Enjoy.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster27b View Post
    This is a pretty good review for the 36 Stowa Flieger on YouTube.

Rick
    Ha! Thats my review! I got the Stowa deployment clasp for it...I need to do an update. If you like smaller sized watches or have toothpick wrists like me (6.25-6.50"), then the 36mm is a great fit. I could wear the 40mm, but I love the 36mm.

Hey Chris, fellow prider here! Go UD. Crazy seeing you on the forum... I myself dig the German watches...just yesterday ordered a Milanese strap for my Stowa classic 40 sterile. Had the watch about 8 months now and it is pure class. Runs very accurate and the finish is gorgeous. Got the bug... also acquired a Nomos Club Campus Amsterdam and Damasko DA343. Hope to meet you someday. Thanks for the website and my daily UD fix. If you still have a fitting problem with the 36, might I suggest a rubber strap, like a black
    Bonnetto Cinturini. The 326 would look stellar in my opinion.
    I have a couple and they are super comfortable; looked great on my Nomos.
    Last edited by Quenchntemper; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:04.
    UDPride likes this.

Greetings. I’ve owned a Flieger 36 for almost a year. It’s my 1st mechanical watch and i love it. Mine is no logo and automatic with date. It is usually around 1 second per day and the finishing is gorgeous. I took some pictures hiking in the Taconic range today. Usually it’s on the Flieger strap. Mind you I have a 6.0 inch wrist. I don’t think it looks too small on me even for a Flieger. I guess you could also go manual wind, no logo and no date if you wanted to be more traditional to the style. Hope this helps!

Litchfield
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rickster27b and MHe225 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by litchfieldhills View Post
    I guess you could also go manual wind, no logo and no date if you wanted to be more traditional to the style. Hope this helps!

Litchfield
    Good advice - the manual wind is a bit thinner than the automatic, just 9.2 mm. With a smaller diameter watch, that's a plus.
    whineboy
    All mechanical, all the time

Thread Information