Flieger Original

Thread: Flieger Original

Flieger Original

I love the hand-wound movement of my Marine Original (by now my only Stowa watch) and I was thinking about buying a MO with the new Durowe movement. But looking thrice at the 7440 caliber it does not persuade me in any way (apart from the new bridges). Plus it costs €500 than a regular MO!!!

Will the Flieger Original ever be available again? Is there no supply of the Unitas 6498 movement with a stop lever (hacking feature)?

I will probably end buying an Airman COSC but I am also not convinced because not all the index markers of the dial are lumed (only the numbers).
    Last edited by ivanlt; July 3rd, 2011 at 16:31.

Re: Flieger Original

I will ask again!

Will the Flieger Original ever be available again? Is there no supply of the Unitas 6498 movement with a stop lever (hacking feature)?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlt View Post
    I will ask again!

I'd email Stowa at [email protected]. They are very responsive and fast in coming back to any inquiry. My guess: "No" or "not in the near future" will be the answer.

The Durowe fitted with swan neck adjustment and screw balance is a beauty in my eyes. Even the bridges are beautiful executed and worth every cent.

Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlt View Post
    I will ask again!

This is the age-old question that many of us have been asking for almost 2 years. Some of us were hoping that the Durowe movement could be modified to fit this need, but apparently it is easier said than done. Stowa literally has hundreds if not thousands of unfilled orders for the Flieger Original, and I believe if they could find a workable solution they would have come up with it by now. With all this said, I really don't know the answer to your question but one can always hope that they are able to work out a solution.
    vincesf

I don't have the background on this.

Aside from the recent ETA-powered limited edition, why doesn't Stowa currently offer a manual winding flieger/airman (either with a Durowe or Unitas movement)? They obviously have a supply of Durowe movements for the Marine Original. Can the Durowe not be modified to center seconds or something?

Quote Originally Posted by vincesf View Post
    Stowa literally has hundreds if not thousands of unfilled orders for the Flieger Original, and I believe if they could find a workable solution they would have come up with it by now.
    I am interested in the FO mainly because it allows to mount beefy 22mm (Flieger) straps. I guess I'm not alone and any other Flieger with 22mm lugs could bring considerable new business to Stowa...

And yes, I am seriously considering the Flieger Chrono by now. It's my wallet that says no.

Quote Originally Posted by avatar1 View Post
    I am interested in the FO mainly because it allows to mount beefy 22mm (Flieger) straps. I guess I'm not alone and any other Flieger with 22mm lugs could bring considerable new business to Stowa...

And yes, I am seriously considering the Flieger Chrono by now. It's my wallet that says no.
    I agree, the dream of the 41mm case with 22mm lugs and the fully lumed dial keeps me from buying the 40mm flieger. They could put a quartz in that case and I'd buy it! Well, maybe not a quartz.

Hi kai1839,

there is a mistake:
    "....the fully lumed dial..."
    Only the white details are lumed - the dial is dark (watch in the right side):

This is a "fully lumed" dial - where only the dark details aren't lumed:

But both are equipped with that legendary modified UNITAS movement,

Volker

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    Hi kai1839,

there is a mistake:
    Only the white details are lumed - the dial is dark (watch in the right side):

This is a "fully lumed" dial - where only the dark details aren't lumed:

But both are equipped with that legendary modified UNITAS movement,

Volker
    I misused the term fully lumed. I was refering to the FO having lume on all of the minute markers, hours and arabics, not just at the hours and arabics as on the 40 mm auto.

Thread Information