FO LE, where is the bottom changing tool?

Thread: FO LE, where is the bottom changing tool?

FO LE, where is the bottom changing tool?

Hello,
    today I got my FO with second bottom and fitting for it and some post cards and a stowa prospect, and a blue rubber ball (I don´t know what´s going on with this ball), but I could not find the bottom changing tool in my parcel. Do you know, if this is not available till now. Or is there a connection with the rubber ball, whose function I do not understand.
    Many thanks for a reply,
    Hannes

Re: FO LE, where is the bottom changing tool?

The rubber ball is used to change the caseback. It uses friction by pressing it into the caseback as you hold the watch. If you are uncertain how to use it and never used one before, you might want to take it to a watchmaker to show you.

Be reminded, once you open the watch and/or change the caseback, its water resistance capability will have to be retested by a watchmaker anyway.

Glen

Hy Glen, many thanks for the fast and competent reply to my question and for making the new "owner list". The ball is just a funny "tool", but I tried it and it works. The advantage is, that it does no scratching on the steel back, but I would say, this is not a real "tool". If the case is fixed to tight, I think, one cannot remove the back. But I like my watch very, very much. Greetings from Austria to Colorado, where I have been several years ago on my hollidays (I made my trip to your phantastic national parcs. Very impressing....)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hannes,
    I am happy to help out. We need to share in your joy by seeing images of your fine timepiece!

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Rocky Mountains. There is a bit of snow on the upper peaks now and one ski area is already has a few slopes open.

Glen

Thread Information