FOLE Lost by FedEx in transit??
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: FOLE Lost by FedEx in transit??

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

FOLE Lost by FedEx in transit??

I sent my FOLE back to Stowa for repair - the movement was defective.

Anyway, it now appears FedEx cannot locate the package. FedEx Germany is completely non-responsive after multiple attempts to get them to respond. It would be a mild undersatement to say I am growing increasingly frustrated with FedEx...

Viveca and Viktoria and others are helping to investigate the possibility it is just sitting somewhere in transit (Frankfurt last sighting according to the website) and will be delivered.

This is the first time since I've been shipping/receiving watches or, anything for that matter (25 years) where something's been lost/stolen or otherwise gone missing before its destination.

Other watches...okay, but for the FOLE to disappear into thin air with no explanation from FedEx - a rotten way to be introduced to lost items in transit.

Now I can only hope it will be found and delivered for repair. The claim dollars are secondary to my retrieving this fine timepiece. I can only hope it does not come to that!

Glen

Re: FOLE Lost by FedEx in transit??

Glen - I have had a few things temporarily lost by fedex in the past and they have all turned up in the end. One package took a nice tour of Europe before coming back to the US. Another problem I have had is when the customs brokers delay the package. On one occasion it was just sitting on someone's desk when they went on holiday. A secretary ended up finding it and putting it back in the system.

All of this to say: hopefully all this will cause you is a little heartburn and it will turn out alright.

Good luck!
    - KIND REGARDS -

Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    I sent my FOLE back to Stowa for repair - the movement was defective.

Anyway, it now appears FedEx cannot locate the package. FedEx Germany is completely non-responsive after multiple attempts to get them to respond. It would be a mild undersatement to say I am growing increasingly frustrated with FedEx...

Viveca and Viktoria and others are helping to investigate the possibility it is just sitting somewhere in transit (Frankfurt last sighting according to the website) and will be delivered.

This is the first time since I've been shipping/receiving watches or, anything for that matter (25 years) where something's been lost/stolen or otherwise gone missing before its destination.

Other watches...okay, but for the FOLE to disappear into thin air with no explanation from FedEx - a rotten way to be introduced to lost items in transit.

Now I can only hope it will be found and delivered for repair. The claim dollars are secondary to my retrieving this fine timepiece. I can only hope it does not come to that!

Glen
    Wow, very sorry to hear that Glen. Hope it turns up!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the insight. Hadn't thought of that kind of thing happening. Perhaps the picture you paint is correct!

I'll let you know...

Glen

Hope it can show up finally.

I had similar experience this week, a DHL parcel from Frankfurt, while I kept on tracing it, amazing result is delivered to destination on Feb 3, but nothing at all to me that day. So I called DHL local office with the parcel number, no exception it show up again and delivered to me on Feb 5, no explanation. I guess it is holiday effect.

Cheers

stuffler,mike

Glen, you got mail.

Thank you so very much, Mike,

FedEx is still completely non-responsive after contacting them each day.

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    Thank you so very much, Mike,

FedEx is still completely non-responsive after contacting them each day.

Glen
    Is this to say that you still have no answer on its whereabouts?
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Glen, is there any update on your watch? I have had items lost via Fed Ex and they have turned up much later. I hope you hear some good news soon. Stephen
    https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

Quote Originally Posted by redbike View Post
    Is this to say that you still have no answer on its whereabouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by watchsk View Post
    Glen, is there any update on your watch? I have had items lost via Fed Ex and they have turned up much later. I hope you hear some good news soon. Stephen
    FedEx US has only provided me with a control number, no information when I call them and FedEx Germany has not responded to three direct emails. I only receive their automated response email saying they will get back to me.

I would not expect their sense of urgency to be as great as is mine, but from what I can observe, FedEx is generally disinterested.

Glen

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information