Is this forum just for Stowa or also for Schauer?

Thread: Is this forum just for Stowa or also for Schauer?

Is this forum just for Stowa or also for Schauer?

Because I rarely see any mention of Mr. Schauer's name brand here. Do the people of this forum not like the Schauer watches as much as Stowa? I like several Stowa models but I do not (yet) own any. I do own a Schauer Edition 12 LE, and I absolutely love it; it's my favorite watch. But I guess not that many other people are into them? Just wondering.

stuffler,mike

Re: Is this forum just for Stowa or also for Schauer?

Doesn't "The Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum" say it all ?

Hi,
    The title of this forum says: "Jörg Schauer and Stowa watches".
    Does this answer the question?

I think the reason for the fact that Schauer watches aren't mentioned as frequently as Stowa watches is that Schauer watches aren't as widely spread as Stowa watches.

Congratulation to your Kulisse 12LE!

Regards, Omar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pardon my ignorance; I though that perhaps (again, because there is so little mention of his name brand watches) the title referred to Mr. Shauer the person and not necessarily the watch brand. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

stuffler,mike

Well, you may not know but last year - I think it was last year or the year before - Jörg decided to "limit" the annual output of Schauer watches to about 500 pieces (+/-). This decision was partly based on the perception that both privately runned enterprises can not be "enlarged" at the same time. So Jörg decided to answer the huge demand on Stowa watches by reducing speed re Schauer.

According to the annual output of Schauer watches, a lot of them are sold in Japan, the Schauer community is a small one compared to Stowa which explains the proportion of Stowa and Schauer related threads. A lot of WIS here do own a Schauer and a/some Stowa. Both do provide an excellent value for the money but you already know that owning a Kulisse, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by yargh View Post
    Pardon my ignorance; I though that perhaps (again, because there is so little mention of his name brand watches) the title referred to Mr. Shauer the person and not necessarily the watch brand. Thanks for clearing this up for me.
    I can see the confusion, particularly given that the forum title is comprised of his full name, as opposed to the brand name of his watches. For accuracy's sake, the forum page should be titled: "Stowa/Schauer". As to content, you are quite correct. There are precious few posts here related to the Schauer brand.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Thread Information