There seems to me that a lot of interesting colors can be attained by tempering carbon steel to different temperatures. For example following colors at F / Celsius temps:
- Deep straw-yellow at 470° / 243°
- Dark yellow / Light orange at 480°/ 249°
- Yellow-brown / Orange at 490° / 254°
- Brown-yellow / Bronze at 500° / 260°
- Spotted red-brown to Dark Brown at 510° / 266°
- Brown with purple spots at 520°/ 271°
- Range of blues in 530/620 range
- Greenish blue to Grey at 630° / 332°
and so on and so forth . . .
Would it not be nice to have these color options for watch hands and other parts of the movements.
What do you folks think?