Hello and my first Stowa
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brainless

Thread: Hello and my first Stowa

Hello and my first Stowa

Hi added a 17j Manual Wind vintage Stowa to my collection today should arrive early next week. Brand new to the brand please excuse the pun, so currently reading up on it and trying to find as much info on my new purchase as possible. When she arrives I will get more pics up and any info would be greatly received.

Name:  $(KGrHqEOKjME4iD7dkHEBOI)TddJ5g~~0_12.JPG
Views: 722
Size:  39.8 KB

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Hello and my first Stowa

Quote Originally Posted by ruthwall1 View Post
    Hi added a 17j Manual Wind vintage Stowa to my collection today should arrive early next week. Brand new to the brand please excuse the pun, so currently reading up on it and trying to find as much info on my new purchase as possible. When she arrives I will get more pics up and any info would be greatly received.
    Post moved to our Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum. If you flick through this forum you will get a picture of what Stowa was and is about. Your watch is a typical Stowa hw watch out of former times. Movement might be swiss or German (PUW ?), a pic would be helpful to determine.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Post moved to our Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum. If you flick through this forum you will get a picture of what Stowa was and is about. Your watch is a typical Stowa hw watch out of former times. Movement might be swiss or German (PUW ?), a pic would be helpful to determine.
    Thank you for moving to more appropriate place.

As soon as she lands I will get pics up (this is the only one I currently have :)

already reading as much as poss through the Stowa section excellent forum :)

Cheers
    Alan

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Alan,

congrats on that watch from the early fifties of last century.
    It seems to use the same case, same hour- and minute-hands and an identical crown as shown below.
    This watch was built in 1948 as part of the WW ll reparations Germany had to give to France. About 2500 pcs. were built to be used in Indochina war.
    Measurements of this so called "Armee francaise" are 33 mm diameter and 11,5 mm height. Strap is 18 mm wide.

More pics you can see here:
    Wintitsches

Volker
    ruthwall1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    Hi Alan,

congrats on that watch from the early fifties of last century.
    It seems to use the same case, same hour- and minute-hands and an identical crown as shown below.
    This watch was built in 1948 as part of the WW ll reparations Germany had to give to France. About 2500 pcs. were built to be used in Indochina war.
    Measurements of this so called "Armee francaise" are 33 mm diameter and 11,5 mm height. Strap is 18 mm wide.

More pics you can see here:
    Wintitsches

Volker
    Thank you very much for the info (the type no amount of research may have found me!) very much appreciated.

As stated as soon as she arrives I will get lots of pics up but thanks for giving me a start in terms of a little research

cheers
    Alan

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Parat
    The Parat slogan (rime) was: "Immer pünktlich, früh und spat, mit der Armbanduhr Parat." (a translation would be: Always on time, early (in the morning) or late (in the evening) with a Parat wrist watch).

Already in 1949 (after WW II) a "Deutsche Uhrenkooperation" (German Watch Cooperation) was founded by Philipp Weber under the brandname PARAT.
    There isn´t much to read about the Parat Cooperation but from what I could find out the Arctos Uhrenfabrik Philipp Weber, Berg Uhrenfabrik, Wilhelm Beutter, Osco Uhrenfabrik, Otto Schlund (brand was currently re-launched) and Stowa joined this co-op.
    When wholesalers got into economical troubles and decided to sell the PARAT-collection to greater department stores the cooperation lost a lot of money and disappeared from the market.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information