Help and adive

Thread: Help and adive

Help and adive

First and foremost good afternoon and thank you in advance. Long time lurker first time poster and need some advice on a Stowa.

I have been going through reader, re-reading old posts and would like some clarification and help.

I was convinced I was going to buy the Flieger Klassik Sport as it is the bigger of the bunch but after researching it appears the dial is the same size as the others but the case is larger? For those that have it, is the case that out of proportions with the dial or does it blend well?

So then this brought me back to the Klassik which is 40mm and in my opinion will be too small on my small wrist, which is around 8.25”.

In my quest to find another option I see Stowa has the 41mm version and many people love the size and movement but the biggest complaint is that it has no sweeping second hand, which in my opinion is a big deal for this watch.

So I’m really torn between all three, but especially the 41mm and. 43mm, and feel the “sport” will wear better but I’ve seen reviews or comments that either love or hate it. I’m not a purest by any means but I like the classic look and want a clean no date/logo dial but would prefer a second hand.

If anyone can comment as to the size of the sport to the other two, and especially the 41, and their thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it. I feel the biggest debate I’m having is the 41 with no second hand vs the 43 that’s out of proportions.

Lastly, I’ve done some comparisons to the other brands and was curious If that would be a better option? I know this is the Stowa sub forum but I know one particular brand has a 42mm watch and one can customize it to your liking. It seems to me that Stowa has the better watch but the other has more options.

Again, thank you in advance and I apologize for yet another redundant thread but I wanted to get some current info.

Re: Help and adive

I have the 40mm Klassik, the 41 mm model and a soon to arrive 43mm Verus Sport.
    I find the 41mm size just about ideal for my 7.5 inch wrist. You will probably be waiting a long time to see this model with a central second hand.
    When the Verus arrives I can take some photos of all three for comparison.
    I will tell you though that if you go to the 42mm from other companies you will find a significant size difference from Stowa’s 41 mm. I had a 42mm with the B dial and found it huge so found a new home for it.
    I have some familiarity with the 43mm models from Stowa and do not expect the Verus Sport will wear much larger than the 41mm due to the case design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go for the 41 or the 43 to fit your wrist size, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here are some quick photos as the Verus Sport arrived today, 4 business days after it was ordered!

For your wrist size, I would agree that the 43 will likely fit you best. Between the 41 and the 43, the 43 sits noticeably taller on the wrist. While the actual glass size is not that much different between the two, the 43 is the more imposing watch. 43 mm is still 43mm even though the Sport model does wear smaller than many other 43mm watches. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you both very much. I think you’re right that the 43 will most likely be the best option.

Decisions decisions....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information