Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates... - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...

Stowa delivers when they deliver. Sometimes you get lucky and the watch comes in a timely fashion. Sometimes you get unlucky and it takes a long time. As for those who are complaining about the wait times consider this: A small operation producing a small batch of super high quality products for a super reasonable price has three choices, have a waiting list, increase production and put quality at risk, or raise the price. Adding 200 Euros to the price of most of these watches would likely drive down the wait times. Or producing another 1000 watches a year (I believe they make around 2500 a year now, that could be wrong.) But if they did either of those most of you wouldn't be happy. So, buy a Stowa and wait or don't. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GBNova View Post
    Hi all.

I noticed just recently that the estimated delivery dates for most of the watches were changed from end of Sept '11 to mid October '11. Was this change due to a delay of some kind that caused the original Sept date to be revised, and if so, how often does this happen? If it is not due to a specific delay, does this just reflect the fact that the orders received to this point have spoken for all the watches expected to be completed by the end of Sept and subsequent orders will be filled by the next batch of watches?

Also, I see on the FAQ above under the question of when my watch will be delivered, it says something along the lines of most watches in stock and are available for immediate delivery. This obviously is not the case and has not been the case for, well, ever?

Thanks.
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

Quote Originally Posted by Manolete View Post
    Stowa delivers when they deliver. Sometimes you get lucky and the watch comes in a timely fashion. Sometimes you get unlucky and it takes a long time. As for those who are complaining about the wait times consider this: A small operation producing a small batch of super high quality products for a super reasonable price has three choices, have a waiting list, increase production and put quality at risk, or raise the price. Adding 200 Euros to the price of most of these watches would likely drive down the wait times. Or producing another 1000 watches a year (I believe they make around 2500 a year now, that could be wrong.) But if they did either of those most of you wouldn't be happy. So, buy a Stowa and wait or don't. Your choice.
    Well I did order a Seatime this week so I am willing to wait. That said, I would gladly pay 2-300 more euro if I could receive the watch in a reasonable 1-2 weeks. Heck if Jorg is reading this, PM me and make the arrangements to charge me 300 more euro in order to send me my watch within the next 2 weeks. I think most of us would agree their watches are worth more than what they ask for them, so by all means increase production (while maintaining quality) and charge us more.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBNova View Post
    Well I did order a Seatime this week so I am willing to wait. That said, I would gladly pay 2-300 more euro if I could receive the watch in a reasonable 1-2 weeks. Heck if Jorg is reading this, PM me and make the arrangements to charge me 300 more euro in order to send me my watch within the next 2 weeks. I think most of us would agree their watches are worth more than what they ask for them, so by all means increase production (while maintaining quality) and charge us more.
    I am under the impression that your advice to increase production isn't really helpful. Your - and mine - insight is barely sufficient to judge the needs and possibilities of a medium sized family runned enterprise.

It's worthwhile to mention that Jörg has employed watchmakers in the past ! You probably haven't noticed but Stowa has grown in the last 5 years and is still growing (see the new building, see the engagement of Vorwerk Direct Selling Ventures**). And there is a new annex to the building being built.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f36/pro...rk-572015.html

**Vorwerk Direct Selling Ventures is an independent investment entity within the Vorwerk Group. The focus of investment is on fast growing companies who sell their products and services directly – either in a direct person-to-person sale or via channels such as the internet, catalogues or home shopping. Vorwerk Ventures uses minority investments to back entrepreneurs seeking a strong financing partner with an understanding of the specific challenges of direct sales. In addition to providing a sound financial basis, Vorwerk ventures creates added value for investee companies by offering them access to the wealth of experience and the international networks of the Vorwerk Group. The corporate venture capital company was founded in 2007 and has its headquarters in Wuppertal.

You can't ask much more.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; October 10th, 2011 at 22:31.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Finally got the FedEx tracking number, my MA should be here soon. It was frustrating to receive emails from Stowa saying that the watch will ship soon, only to receive another email several weeks later saying the same thing. The solution would be to not send the payment notification until the watch is in a box ready for shipment.

Just received my Stowa Prodiver #498. Awesome, awesome watch. Enough said.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

Quote Originally Posted by whaler View Post
    Just received my Stowa Prodiver #498. Awesome, awesome watch. Enough said.
    Is the #498 engraved on your watch or simply on the paperwork you received? Just curious as I wasn't aware Stowa numbered their watches, aside from LE models.

I have been a fan of Stowa for a while and I, like many others, waited some time to get my watch made by the Stowa team and then delivered to my door. The wait only added to the excitement and I look back with fond memories, knowing that a great team was fighting against the clock to get my watch made, while being attended flawlessly by them only to give me updates of it's progress when I asked.

I don't remember though, feeling the anxiety episodes that some members here are going through.

When I ordered mine, I was aware that to receive my timepiece from Stowa I would have to be patient, as we aren't talking about mass produced watches here, but hand made timepieces made to order. I did my research and found the reasons why it takes a while for them to be made, then I went ahead and placed the order prepared to wait but looking forward to receiving it.

Sometimes a buyer will get lucky and will receive it in two weeks, other times the buyer wont be so lucky and will have to wait 6 months. That's life, the Stowa team are human like the rest of us, and not everything always goes to plan.

When you place an order with Stowa, you have to be aware of this and balance the pros and cons. Stowa requests the payment once the watch has been made, for extra peace of mind.

When you receive the watch, all makes even more sense.

Now, if despite knowing all this someone places an order and then complains about the waiting time, then I am afraid they should be buying their watch somewhere else.

The waiting time is part of the Stowa experience, for all the right reasons.

(by the by, I waited 6 months for mine and haven't looked back, my Stowa rests happily on my wrist )

Enjoy your Stowas!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Last edited by Txemizo; August 30th, 2011 at 13:49.
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpicasso View Post
    Is the #498 engraved on your watch or simply on the paperwork you received? Just curious as I wasn't aware Stowa numbered their watches, aside from LE models.
    Its engraved on the caseback of the watch and noted in the paperwork as well.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

Dear Mike, That is exactly what I meant in my post. Here's what we know: Stowa makes fantastic watches and sells them at more than reasonable prices. Here's what we don't know: What it takes, day to day, to run an operation that makes fantastic watches and sells them at a reasonable price. Herr Schauer is correct to increase the size of his business slowly and carefully and not to grow too fast and put the quality of his product at risk. His prices are his choice, but I support his decision to keep his prices reasonable, because it allows people like me, who don't have a lot of money, to own super quality timepieces. The wait, in my opinion, is worth the results.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I am under the impression that your adviceto increase production isn't really helpful. Your - and mine - insight is barely sufficient to judge the needs and possibilities of a medium sized family runned enterprise.

It's worthwhile to mention that Jörg has employed watchmakers in the past ! You probably haven't noticed but Stowa has grown in the last 5 years and is still growing (see the new building, see the engagement of Vorwerk Direct Selling Ventures**). And there is a new annex to the building being built.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f36/pro...rk-572015.html

**Vorwerk Direct Selling Ventures is an independent investment entity within the Vorwerk Group. The focus of investment is on fast growing companies who sell their products and services directly – either in a direct person-to-person sale or via channels such as the internet, catalogues or home shopping. Vorwerk Ventures uses minority investments to back entrepreneurs seeking a strong financing partner with an understanding of the specific challenges of direct sales. In addition to providing a sound financial basis, Vorwerk ventures creates added value for investee companies by offering them access to the wealth of experience and the international networks of the Vorwerk Group. The corporate venture capital company was founded in 2007 and has its headquarters in Wuppertal.

You can't ask much more.
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

I think some of the complaints in this thread have been misinterpreted. I don't think people are upset at the wait per se. I think everyone understands ordering a Stowa means you've got to wait, and be patient. If the wait was such an issue with these people, they would not have placed the order in the first place. I think the complaints here are in regards to a lack of communication and broken promises on Stowa's end.

We all understand the posted dates are estimates, but an estimated delivery date in May should not delay until mid-August (as in whaler's case). And if there is to be such a long delay (~3 months), a reputable company has to make every effort to contact and apologize to its customers at the very least. As GBNova pointed out, if you can't meet the ETA within a reasonable period of time, don't advertise a delivery date. Simple as that. And once the payment has been received, the item should be shipped within a reasonable amount of time. As timetraveler73 pointed out, delays prior to payment is totally understandable. But once you've asked for and received payment, and had previously promised delivery within 2 weeks, there should be no reason for any delays to ship the order beyond the 2 week period.

I think it's safe to say most of Stowa's customers are WIS. These people are very much into watches, and get great enjoyment when they know a desirable timepiece is about to be shipped/received. It is downright cruel to lead them into believing as such, only to notify them of a delay or ignore them altogether. It's a bad, sour feeling I wouldn't wish upon my enemies. It doesn't take much to send an email, offer an apology, and/or throw in a little something extra (e.g. buckle, strap) if you can't deliver on your promise (i.e. ship within 2 weeks of payment) or some unforeseen event causes you to delay shipment for 3+ months. I don't think that's too much to ask, and complaining on a forum such as this is definitely a right these customers are entitled to. Isn't this official forum created for this purpose? So Stowa can monitor customer feedback? Well, here's your feedback.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information