Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates... - Page 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...

I am moderating on WUS since 2001/2002 and from the very beginning Jörg and his team has been doing exactly that since then....

It doesn't take much to send an email, offer an apology, and/or throw in a little something extra (e.g. buckle, strap) if you can't deliver on your promise (
    ....and timetraveler73 has been offered a strap (see his post).
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I recently had a MO Durowe on order for a November 2011 delivery, but since cancelled due to finding Dornbluth and becoming intrigued by this particular maker and the ability to customize. This 99.1 is not due until May 2012 - 9 months....... As others have said, the wait is just part of the equation when ordering from these vendors. It'll come and it'll be fabulous.

My understanding from the folks at Stowa when I held the order was that the delays of most recent were due to "Unfortunately still missing a few important component to produce the watch"

It is like I tell my kids on car trips, although the destination is important, half of the fun is the journey and the anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by zepicurean View Post
    Well, I hope I snuck in there before they changed the dates! I ordered yesterday when it still said late September. Fingers crossed!
    Well I ordered mine two days ago and I see the dates have changed today one month ahead to mid-November. LOL I hope I snuck in there for the mid-October date.

I think in the end I will likely be waiting 5 months plus like our friend above who ordered the Prodiver in March. I take it he still doesn't have his. I hope the Euro doesn't double in value to our Canadian dollar by the time I have to pay.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I am moderating on WUS since 2001/2002 and from the very beginning Jörg and his team has been doing exactly that since then....
    It doesn't take much to send an email, offer an apology, and/or throw in a little something extra (e.g. buckle, strap) if you can't deliver on your promise (
    ....and timetraveler73 has been offered a strap (see his post).
    That's comforting to know. I've got a pending order with Stowa due mid-Sept. Hopefully mine will be on time...
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; August 31st, 2011 at 09:03.

Quote Originally Posted by gshock626 View Post
    I think some of the complaints in this thread have been misinterpreted. I don't think people are upset at the wait per se. I think everyone understands ordering a Stowa means you've got to wait, and be patient. If the wait was such an issue with these people, they would not have placed the order in the first place. I think the complaints here are in regards to a lack of communication and broken promises on Stowa's end.

We all understand the posted dates are estimates, but an estimated delivery date in May should not delay until mid-August (as in whaler's case). And if there is to be such a long delay (~3 months), a reputable company has to make every effort to contact and apologize to its customers at the very least. As GBNova pointed out, if you can't meet the ETA within a reasonable period of time, don't advertise a delivery date. Simple as that. And once the payment has been received, the item should be shipped within a reasonable amount of time. As timetraveler73 pointed out, delays prior to payment is totally understandable. But once you've asked for and received payment, and had previously promised delivery within 2 weeks, there should be no reason for any delays to ship the order beyond the 2 week period.

I think it's safe to say most of Stowa's customers are WIS. These people are very much into watches, and get great enjoyment when they know a desirable timepiece is about to be shipped/received. It is downright cruel to lead them into believing as such, only to notify them of a delay or ignore them altogether. It's a bad, sour feeling I wouldn't wish upon my enemies. It doesn't take much to send an email, offer an apology, and/or throw in a little something extra (e.g. buckle, strap) if you can't deliver on your promise (i.e. ship within 2 weeks of payment) or some unforeseen event causes you to delay shipment for 3+ months. I don't think that's too much to ask, and complaining on a forum such as this is definitely a right these customers are entitled to. Isn't this official forum created for this purpose? So Stowa can monitor customer feedback? Well, here's your feedback.
    Very well said. It would different if this wasn't such a common theme, but it is. While there are many here who have no problem with the current practices, I am sure there are many other who feel differently, and stay clear of the brand. Communication are definitely not a strong point. I also have to wonder how many make payment, and have to wait weeks, if not months to get the watch that was suppose to arrive 2 weeks after making payment.

Quote Originally Posted by macct View Post
    Very well said. It would different if this wasn't such a common theme, but it is. While there are many here who have no problem with the current practices, I am sure there are many other who feel differently, and stay clear of the brand. Communication are definitely not a strong point. I also have to wonder how many make payment, and have to wait weeks, if not months to get the watch that was suppose to arrive 2 weeks after making payment.
    I don't understand why this should be such a problem. Stowa claims that they will not ask for payment until the watch is near completion. If we are seeing examples where sometimes the watch doesn't ship until weeks after payment, then obviously when payment was requested there was something significant yet to be completed on the watch. Stowa should not be asking for payment until they know there is nothing left in the construction of the watch that could cause a significant delay. For that matter, they shouldn't even ask for payment until the watch is totally finished. I don't see the point of asking for payment if the watch is not ready to be put in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by macct View Post
    Thanks macct. I wonder the same.

I have ordered from Stowa several times without issue! They have always been quick to address any concern I might have had. The watches I have are simply beautiful and I am constantly getting compliments on them. Yes it can be a long wait, my last watch took five months to get! Would I order it all over again, you bet!

I knew it would take a while to get and I was prepared to deal with that, if you are not then maybe you should move on to a watch shop or department store to make your purchase. I hear they have some lovely Micheal korrs, not my cup of tea but it sounds like it is right up your alley!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

...I also have to wonder how many make payment, and have to wait weeks, if not months to get the watch that was suppose to arrive 2 weeks after making payment....

Just an estimate: 10 to 15 out of 1000. Chrono 1938 on order, estimated delivery: NOV 2011. What did you order ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by Renisin View Post
    I have ordered from Stowa several times without issue! They have always been quick to address any concern I might have had. The watches I have are simply beautiful and I am constantly getting compliments on them. Yes it can be a long wait, my last watch took five months to get! Would I order it all over again, you bet!

I knew it would take a while to get and I was prepared to deal with that, if you are not then maybe you should move on to a watch shop or department store to make your purchase. I hear they have some lovely Micheal korrs, not my cup of tea but it sounds like it is right up your alley!
    Thanks, I'll consider Micheal Korrs right after my Gucci arrives.

I suspect once you get that first Stowa it's easier to wait for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. Or maybe it's harder.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information