Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...

Hi all.

I noticed just recently that the estimated delivery dates for most of the watches were changed from end of Sept '11 to mid October '11. Was this change due to a delay of some kind that caused the original Sept date to be revised, and if so, how often does this happen? If it is not due to a specific delay, does this just reflect the fact that the orders received to this point have spoken for all the watches expected to be completed by the end of Sept and subsequent orders will be filled by the next batch of watches?

Also, I see on the FAQ above under the question of when my watch will be delivered, it says something along the lines of most watches in stock and are available for immediate delivery. This obviously is not the case and has not been the case for, well, ever?

Thanks.

Re: Help me understand the Stowa Online Shop delivery dates...

Well, I hope I snuck in there before they changed the dates! I ordered yesterday when it still said late September. Fingers crossed!

The posted delivery dates are an estimate; a guideline. Unless something unusual is shown (a year and a half wait), don't pay all that much attention.

In my experience, they are usually behind schedule by a month or so. Ultimately, you will get the watch when they are done with it.

The good news is that the wait will be worth it.

Cheers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good luck on getting your watch. I ordered a Prodiver in Mid-March. The estimated delivery time was May. It's now mid-August and still no watch. I didn't plan on five months. It doesn't get much simpler than an ETA 2824.
    Last edited by whaler; August 23rd, 2011 at 12:54.
    Mooyizz likes this.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

Quote Originally Posted by whaler View Post
    Good luck on getting your watch. I ordered a Prodiver in Mid-March. The estimated delivery time was May. It's now mid-August and still no watch. I didn't plan on five months. It doesn't get much simpler than an ETA 2824.
    While I respect and admire the product and customer service Stowa provides, there is something not right about that. I would suggest if you can't come closer than that to meeting an ETA, it would be best not to estimate a date. As you say, it's only an ETA 2824 in a nice case. Lots of companies offer those on demand.

Anyway, one way to look at it is that it's easier to justify hitting the "buy" button when you know you won't have to pay for it for 6 months or more.
    Jörg Schauer likes this.

I ordered a COSC MA in early March, sent the payment July 19, and it still hasn't shipped. Delays prior to payment are understandable and the delivery dates shown on their web site are not firm, but once payment is made and they promise to ship it within two weeks it is bad customer service to keep customers waiting several weeks beyond the promised delivery date. Yeah, I know, it's just a watch so don't get so upset, but I've been delaying some travel plans because I need to be home to accept the delivery, all because Stowa can't deliver it in two weeks like they said they would.

Quote Originally Posted by timetraveler73 View Post
    I ordered a COSC MA in early March, sent the payment July 19, and it still hasn't shipped. Delays prior to payment are understandable and the delivery dates shown on their web site are not firm, but once payment is made and they promise to ship it within two weeks it is bad customer service to keep customers waiting several weeks beyond the promised delivery date. Yeah, I know, it's just a watch so don't get so upset, but I've been delaying some travel plans because I need to be home to accept the delivery, all because Stowa can't deliver it in two weeks like they said they would.
    I don't like this attitude, of course it's just a watch, and if your walking around in your daily life seething with anger then you definitely need to calm down, but you have every right to expect the watch will be shipped in a reasonable timeframe (which Stowa says is 2 weeks) after you have handed over the cash. It's poor form from Stowa if they haven't got to you with some kind of apology/explanation, having handed over the cash you are now their customer and should be treated as such.

To balance out the above somewhat, I have two Stowas, and both shipped within a couple of days of me paying, it may be no consolation to know, but I do believe you are the exception to the rule

Stowa is offering me an extra strap for free, but since the watch already includes a strap I'd much rather have the watch delivered within a reasonable time. I've tried to be patient and not nag them with emails but the only explanation I've received is that they are experiencing delays, which is just stating the obvious. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Take the extra strap, if you ever wanted to sell the unworn strap would help you get a better price, and even if you don't want to sell, a strap change can totally change how how the watch looks.

Stow can only complete so many watches in a given time period and so they have to continually adjust the delivery dates. I believe earlier this summer there was a delay due to the slow delivery to them of the 2824 movement. Not something within their control so of course it delayed the competion dates. As for not going on a trip because you are waiting for a watch? All you have to do is have FedEx hold it for you or just let Stowa know. If you are going to order a watch from Stowa it takes patience and some willingness to accept delays. If you cannot deal with that then perhaps it is not the watch for you

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information