How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch? - Page 11
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

[QUOTE=wkw;50886777]
    Quote Originally Posted by DowningB View Post
    Please let us know when you receive the croco strap. I’d like to know how long will it take to send to the States. Thanks
    Well, mailing the strap separately may not have worked as well as we had hoped. Stowa mailed it two weeks ago on January 24th. The strap made it as far as "Processed through the facility" in Frankfurt, where apparently it has sat ever since per the USPS tracking website.

Sarah's on it.

In the meantime I'm just enjoying my new watch.

wkw

[QUOTE=DowningB;50943533]
    Quote Originally Posted by wkw View Post

Well, mailing the strap separately may not have worked as well as we had hoped. Stowa mailed it two weeks ago on January 24th. The strap made it as far as "Processed through the facility" in Frankfurt, where apparently it has sat ever since per the USPS tracking website.

Sarah's on it.

In the meantime I'm just enjoying my new watch.
    Thanks for the update.

Hope you’ll get everything sorted out soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wkw View Post

Sorry to say, given the time you've spent waiting so far, but if the strap wasn't sent via FedEx, waits of 2-4 weeks while stuck at that notification aren't unusual. Don't give up hope!
    JacobC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good news! I received an email from Sarah saying the watch strap is now in the USA.

So I checked the tracking number and sure enough the package arrived in Seattle yesterday. That's only about 150 miles from Portland, so my guess is the strap will arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last edited by DowningB; 1 Week Ago at 01:10.
    wkw and montydrei like this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Fingers crossed
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Well, turns out I spoke too soon.

Stowa sent the watch strap to my office address via USPS. I closed my office back at the end of December and filed a notice with the Post Office to have my office mail forwarded to my home address. Turns out when you have your mail forwarded, it goes through quite the process. Here's how USPS has handled forwarding the watch strap to me, starting with it arriving in Seattle from Germany nine days ago.

February 9th - arrived in Seattle, WA

February 9th - departed Seattle, WA

February 11th - forwarded to Portland, OR

February 14th - arrived Seattle, WA

February 14th - departed Seattle, WA

February 15th - arrived Tacoma, WA

February 15th - arrived Portland, OR station 97215

February 15th - departed Portland, OR station 97215

February 15th - arrived Portland, OR station 97209

February 15th - departed Portland, OR station 97209

February 15th - arrived Portland, OR station 97204

February 16th - in transit to next facility Portland, OR

February 17th - arrived at Hub Portland, OR station 97204

February 18th - out for delivery Portland, OR station 97204

February 18th - forwarded Portland, OR with the following explanation: "Your item was forwarded to a different address at 11:19 am on February 18, 2020 in PORTLAND, OR. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect."

My office zip code was 97204, where the Post Office apparently tried to deliver the strap this morning even though they have the Forwarding Address Notice on file and all my other office mail has been forwarded to my home afaik. My home zip code is 97219. I have no idea why the strap bounced around 97215 and 97209. Hopefully the strap has now been forwarded to my home address, which I thought would happen about a week ago.
    Last edited by DowningB; 1 Week Ago at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by DowningB View Post
    Well, turns out I spoke too soon.

Stowa sent the watch strap to my office address via USPS. I closed my office back at the end of December and filed a notice with the Post Office to have my office mail forwarded to my home address. Turns out when you have your mail forwarded, it goes through quite the process. Here's how USPS has handled forwarding the watch strap to me, starting with it arriving in Seattle from Germany nine days ago....
    I've had similar experiences with Australia Post; their record (I assume that's what they trying for as it seemed to be a fairly regular thing) was to send one of my packages from Melbourne to Sydney via every state capital (it passed through Melbourne 3 times and even had an overnight stop in Sydney before heading off to Brisbane); took it 3 weeks to arrive. Their explanation in the end was that their sorting machines couldn't read the address label and when that happens they admitted post just gets sent to random sorting offices until someone spots the problem and sorts it!!!
    Ball - Casio - Citizen - Geckota - G-Shock - Laco - Melbourne - Poljot International - Red Star - Seagull - Seiko - Tissot - Victorinox - Vostok - Zelos

Quote Originally Posted by AardnoldArrdvark View Post
    I've had similar experiences with Australia Post
    Good to know our countries have more in common than just our shared language, lol.

Tracking site update:

February 19th - arrived at Portland, OR station 97204

February 19th - out for delivery Portland, OR 97204

Assuming that's accurate, then it was just forwarded, again, from Portland, OR station 97204 to Portland, OR station 97204 and then sent out for delivery, again, in the 97204 zip code area which is my old, now closed, office. I've sent three emails in the last ten days begging USPS to let me just come pick it up somewhere. This is just pathetic.

Hey, at least they didn't send it back to Seattle, again.

Fingers crossed that it arrives or at least goes somewhere you can collect it.
    Ball - Casio - Citizen - Geckota - G-Shock - Laco - Melbourne - Poljot International - Red Star - Seagull - Seiko - Tissot - Victorinox - Vostok - Zelos

Today just might be the day.

Per the tracking, yesterday the strap bounced from "out for delivery Portland, OR 97204" to "arrived USPS Destination Facility Portland, OR 97215."

Then this morning at 3:22 am it arrived in "Portland, OR 97219." That's my zip code. Finally.

So I'm hoping it will be delivered today.
    wkw likes this.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information