How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch? - Page 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Remembering that Germany is 9 hours ahead of my location, I emailed Stowa last night before hitting the sack.

I got up at 1:00 am to see if I had a response. Sure enough, I had received three emails from Stowa. The first was an automated reply that they had received my email and would get back to me shortly. The second was from Martin Ott and then one minute later the third was from Sarah Kamau. Both of them said to contact Fed Ex--not exactly the help I was hoping for as it smacks of "not our problem" but to be fair it really isn't their problem. Martin gave me Fed Ex's phone number, which I already have. Sarah said that they probably just need to compare some details and that I may have to pay a small import duty. Both said to contact them again if I have any questions or need further assistance.

So I fixed a cup of coffee and called Fed Ex.

After about three minutes of verbal wrestling with the automated customer service computer, I was finally put on hold to speak with a human being "shortly." Per my iPhone I'm at 29 minutes and counting...

Edit: At minute 34, a human being came on the line. Of course, after he took my information I was...wait for it...put on hold, lol, but not before I suggested he take down my phone number in case we were disconnected. He came back about two minutes later and said that no action is required on my end. I pointed out that their email says I'm supposed to provide further instructions, meaning either the email is wrong or he's wrong as they both can't be true. He...wait for it...put me on hold again. About a minute later he came back and said he will call the Memphis center to confirm and that someone in Memphis will call me. Yeah, right. I don't believe that for a New York minute. I think he just kicked the can (me) down the road.

Hopefully the watch will just magically shake loose in the next few days. If not, I'll try again.

Crap.
    Last edited by DowningB; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:32.

That sucks, I feel bad for you. I think I would call back and try again before the weekend hits.

Stowa shipped a watch to me Wednesday and it was delivered this morning. It spent a couple of hours in Memphis at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Quartersawn View Post
    Stowa shipped a watch to me Wednesday and it was delivered this morning. It spent a couple of hours in Memphis at most.
    JacobC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DowningB View Post
    A little something to pass the time while you're waiting...

Mandatu da u mo dispositivu cù i mo dita picculi.

Lol, thanks.

The watch is still stuck in Customs. I called Fed Ex again today. This time the automated helper said the package was in transit, which was a surprise since I haven't received an update via email that it was on its way again. It gave me the option to enter my cell phone number so I could get updates via text messages, which I did.

And hung up hoping the issue had finally resolved.

Unfortunately, two minutes later, a local Fed Ex guy called me. He said that contrary to what I had just been told the package is still hung up in Customs in Memphis. I explained how this thing had been going on for a over a week and was uncertain whom to contact to give further instructions per the email. He said I should contact Stowa, provide the tracking number and case number, the latter was news to me, and said to ask Stowa to contact Fed Ex's "International Department."

Jeez. Off to send another email to Sarah.
    Last edited by DowningB; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:01.

Quote Originally Posted by DowningB View Post
    Lol, thanks.

The watch is still stuck in Customs. I called Fed Ex again today. This time the automated helper said the package was in transit, which was a surprise since I haven't received an update via email that it was on its way again. It gave me the option to enter my cell phone number so I could get updates via text messages, which I did.

And hung up hoping the issue had finally resolved.

Unfortunately, two minutes later, a local Fed Ex guy called me. He said that contrary to what I had just been told the package is still hung up in Customs in Memphis. I explained how this thing had been going on for a over a week and was uncertain whom to contact to give further instructions per the email. He said I should contact Stowa, provide the tracking number and case number, the latter was news to me, and said to ask Stowa to contact Fed Ex's "International Department."

Jeez. Off to send another email to Sarah.
    Sounds more like someone in customs really got a bug up their ass for some reason more then anything.

Instagram @open_escapement

I've had it take anywhere from a day to a week for a watch to get through customs. You may be dealing with holiday volume as the main cause for the delay. As the shipper, Stowa should be able to contact FedEx and find out why the watch is stuck. Good luck!

12 Days And Counting Update: I just received an email from Sarah advising that all the necessary paperwork has been submitted to Fed Ex and that they told her the shipment should be released soon.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by DowningB; 4 Weeks Ago at 20:22.
    JacobC and montydrei like this.

Turns out I'm not the only one with the Memphis Blues.

Gosh, I hope so! This saga has been oddly riveting, and I hope it comes to a happy conclusion soon!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information