How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch? - Page 4
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Geez, this is brutal.

The good news is as soon as it does get released you'll get it quickly, likely the next day.
    DowningB likes this.

Hoping you hear something soon. Incredibly frustrating for you I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Three weeks to the day my watch has been sitting in Memphis awaiting clearance.

Last update was 12/16 "Clearance delay -- import." Yeah, no kidding. This was posted after several days of US Customs and Fed Ex playing ping pong with my watch, with Fed Ex submitting it and Customs kicking it back to them.

Hopefully, Sarah will have some news tomorrow. I'm starting to hope that Fed Ex will just send it back to Stowa so they can try again. I'm sure the present box has been stamped REJECT! all over it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My stuck-in-customs watch finally turned up just before Christmas, after being returned to the Asian factory previously, they resent it.

Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Just got a phone call from Fed Ex.

Apparently, the problem is the crocodile strap that I elected to have Stowa put on the watch.

She said that I could either submit the proper paperwork for the strap or elect to have the entire watch sent back to Stowa. I have no idea what the "proper paperwork" would be and would have to call Customs to find out. No thanks. I elected to have the watch returned to Stowa.

So then I sent an email to Sarah, advising of the above. I told her my preference is for Stowa to submit the "proper paperwork" so that i can have the crocodile strap but if she doesn't know what that is either then just to send the watch with the original strap. I can always buy another strap if I don't like it.

Jeez. I don't mean to sound like a whiner but this hasn't been the best ever buying experience. First I was told that "Made in Germany" would be on the dial. Turned out after I had already placed the order that was incorrect information. Then the watch got hung up in Customs for three weeks because the strap didn't have the proper paperwork. Surely I can't be the first customer in the United States to have ordered a Stowa watch with a crocodile strap. I'm teetering on the edge of just cancelling the order, which I'm not sure I can even do at this point. I don't want to be a jerk about this, and I know Stowa didn't do this intentionally but sometimes things just aren't meant to be.

I look forward to the day when all of this will be a distant memory.
    Last edited by DowningB; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:52.

So, being new to this, I'm curious as to import/customs charges/taxes on a Slightly under $2000 Tudor, shipped from Hong Kong. Anybody have an idea how much extra it may cost me, if the seller hasn't handled any of those charges?

I understand the frustration but I would hold off on cancelling the order. The watches are well worth it in my opinion. I work with U.S. customs on a regular basis and they are the worst. They are all different and some are sticklers for random things. Stowa I am sure will correct the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DowningB View Post
    Just got a phone call from Fed Ex.

Apparently, the problem is the crocodile strap that I elected to have Stowa put on the watch.

She said that I could either submit the proper paperwork for the strap or elect to have the entire watch sent back to Stowa. I have no idea what the "proper paperwork" would be and would have to call Customs to find out. No thanks. I elected to have the watch returned to Stowa.

So then I sent an email to Sarah, advising of the above. I told her my preference is for Stowa to submit the "proper paperwork" so that i can have the crocodile strap but if she doesn't know what that is either then just to send the watch with the original strap. I can always buy another strap if I don't like it.

Jeez. I don't mean to sound like a whiner but this hasn't been the best ever buying experience. First I was told that "Made in Germany" would be on the dial. Turned out after I had already placed the order that was incorrect information. Then the watch got hung up in Customs for three weeks because the strap didn't have the proper paperwork. Surely I can't be the first customer in the United States to have ordered a Stowa watch with a crocodile strap. I'm teetering on the edge of just cancelling the order, which I'm not sure I can even do at this point. I don't want to be a jerk about this, and I know Stowa didn't do this intentionally but sometimes things just aren't meant to be.

I look forward to the day when all of this will be a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by semiotic1 View Post
    So, being new to this, I'm curious as to import/customs charges/taxes on a Slightly under $2000 Tudor, shipped from Hong Kong. Anybody have an idea how much extra it may cost me, if the seller hasn't handled any of those charges?
    The first $800 is duty-free with US Customs. Over $800, there may be $$ duty charged. How this is handled depends on the carrier.

For instance, in my experience, FedEx will send the buyer a bill for the duty plus a customs broker fee about 2 weeks after delivering the parcel.

The seller Never handles customs fees.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Surely a bad experience. Hope you'll have your watch very soon and thank you for sharing. Might think twice before importing something.

Im also eyeing a $2000 Tudor from Japan.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

A Cites issue though ? Usually Stowa ship the strap separately. At least that‘s what they did in the past.
    JacobC likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information