How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch? - Page 7
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    60

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Received a response from the Fed Ex rep: no new information. And Sarah emailed to say she's been in contact with Fed Ex Germany yesterday and today but still no updated delivery date. She's very apologetic and continues to say all the necessary paperwork was submitted and resubmitted. She's continuing to work on it, which I appreciate.

    Day 30.

    Edit: I just found a followup email from Sarah from this morning that went to my "Junk" folder. She advised that Fed Ex is returning the watch to Stowa. Sarah said FedEx Germany is now investigating what went wrong here. In any case, once they get the watch back, they will then re-send it to me but first make sure it doesn't end up in the same status as before.

    Kind of sad but also kind of a relief.
    Last edited by DowningB; 6 Days Ago at 03:20.
    JacobC likes this.

  2. #62
    Member Quartersawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,125

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    I think I would ask them to send the watch on a calf strap and send croc strap separately this time.
    whineboy and DowningB like this.

  3. #63
    osc
    osc is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Wow - I'm been watching this since the beginning and it's been a wild ride thus far. I'm glad though that there is clarity on next steps and hopefully you get your watch very very soon.
    JacobC likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    60

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quartersawn View Post
    I think I would ask them to send the watch on a calf strap and send croc strap separately this time.
    I'm definitely going to talk to Sarah about that. Hopefully Fed Ex Germany can help Stowa straighten this out, but I don't want to be the next test case.

    Quote Originally Posted by osc View Post
    Wow - I'm been watching this since the beginning and it's been a wild ride thus far. I'm glad though that there is clarity on next steps and hopefully you get your watch very very soon.
    Thanks. I'm hoping to get it next week. We'll see.

    And I want to thank everyone who posted here for their words of encouragement. Much appreciated.

  6. #65
    BRN
    BRN is offline
    Member BRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    164

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    At least you know the status of your watch now. Let us know when you finally receive it!

    I appreciate you letting us know the effort that Sarah has put into reaching a resolution for you. I've been considering a Stowa for my next purchase and their top notch customer service is making my decision so much easier.

  7. #66
    Member Dogbert_is_fat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    10,358

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Major View Post
    In the army we call this a cluster f uck.
    LOL. Haven’t heard that term in a long time.

  8. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    60

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRN View Post
    At least you know the status of your watch now. Let us know when you finally receive it!

    I appreciate you letting us know the effort that Sarah has put into reaching a resolution for you. I've been considering a Stowa for my next purchase and their top notch customer service is making my decision so much easier.
    Sarah put in a ton of work on this and was always great at giving me status updates. Very impressive customer service.
    JacobC likes this.

  9. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    64

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Man....this just makes me upset. I personally want a Stowa Flieger myself but having read all this, I feel nervous/scared buying direct from them. I just sincerely hope that there is some good news to all this at the end.
    Casio 168WG
    G-Shock GWG-1000 - Mudmaster
    Grand Seiko SBGX337
    Omega Constellation Vintage
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 - Moonwatch
    Oris Diver 65 - HODINKEE Edition
    Raymond Weil 7737 - Maestro Rose
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 - Polar
    Seiko SKX 007 - Custom Donald Duck
    Seiko SRP641 - Baby Tuna
    Timex Marlin - Reissue

  10. #69
    Member whineboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,045

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by thetony007 View Post
    Man....this just makes me upset. I personally want a Stowa Flieger myself but having read all this, I feel nervous/scared buying direct from them. I just sincerely hope that there is some good news to all this at the end.
    Buy it on leather or rubber and you won’t have a customs holdup.
    LB Carl and stuffler,mike like this.
    whineboy
    All mechanical, all the time

  11. #70
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin
    Posts
    50,567

    Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by whineboy View Post
    Buy it on leather or rubber and you won’t have a customs holdup.
    This.
    JacobC likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike


    Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •