How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch? - Page 9
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: How long does US Customs get to play with my new watch?

Good news!

I received an email from Sarah advising that they have shipped the watch as of today. She didn't say, but I assume the watch was returned to Stowa yesterday.

She went on to say that Stowa removed the crocodile strap and will ship it separately, so they put a complimentary strap on the watch.

I also received a tracking number email from Fed Ex advising the watch should arrive in two days.

Fingers crossed.

Day 42

Quote Originally Posted by DowningB View Post
    Good news!

I received an email from Sarah advising that they have shipped the watch as of today. She didn't say, but I assume the watch was returned to Stowa yesterday.

She went on to say that Stowa removed the crocodile strap and will ship it separately, so they put a complimentary strap on the watch.

I also received a tracking number email from Fed Ex advising the watch should arrive in two days.

Fingers crossed.

Day 42
    Sounds like it is working out well for you in the end. I think the lesson here for all of us is to be aware of import restrictions into one’s country.
    DowningB likes this.

osc
    Good news!

Fingers crossed.

Day 42
    Amazing news! I'm glad to hear (see) that resolution is close. Now the question is: what thread will I closely follow next 😂
    JacobC and DowningB like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What a difference a strap makes.

The watch was checked in to Memphis last night at 11:30, then sailed through Customs and is now in Portland, due to be delivered tomorrow.

osc

What a difference a strap makes.

The watch was checked in to Memphis last night at 11:30, then sailed through Customs and is now in Portland, due to be delivered tomorrow.
    Pics when you get it! Maybe a movie and then you can sell the rights!!
    DowningB likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

With that story your watch became a very special one: Stowa Marine Classic Odyssey.
    End good, all good.
    Zinzan, DowningB and Horoticus like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Day 45 and we have a winner!

I'm very, very pleased. And again, I can't thank Sarah at Stowa enough for all the work she put into dealing with US Customs and Fish & Wildlife.

The crocodile strap was mailed separately and should be here in a couple of days, fingers crossed. The stock leather strap is of better quality than I expected (I'm looking at you, Longines), but I still think this piece deserves a crocodile strap to make it a true dress watch.

I opted for the manual wind ETA 2804-2, making the movement entertaining to watch as it's being wound. It winds like a warm knife through butter, especially compared to some of my American vintage pocket watches.

The white dial is so highly polished that it really does appear to be enamel, and the blued steel hands are sweet. This watch is well designed and makes telling the time at a glance a breeze, although why you would want to just glance at it I don't know, lol.

Still a bit of a mystery to me why it doesn't say "Made in Germany" at the customary bottom of the dial, but the absence does make for a really clean dial as others have noted.

Name:  IMG_0719.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  2.90 MB

Name:  IMG_0721.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  2.12 MB

Name:  IMG_0722.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  1.68 MB

Name:  IMG_0723.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  1.78 MB

Name:  IMG_0728.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  2.13 MB

I'm very, very pleased. And again, I can't thank Sarah at Stowa enough for all the work she put into dealing with US Customs and Fish & Wildlife.

The crocodile strap was mailed separately and should be here in a couple of days, fingers crossed. The stock leather strap is of better quality than I expected (I'm looking at you, Longines), but I still think this piece deserves a crocodile strap to make it a true dress watch.

I opted for the manual wind ETA 2804-2, making the movement entertaining to watch as it's being wound. It winds like a warm knife through butter, especially compared to some of my American vintage pocket watches.

The white dial is so highly polished that it really does appear to be enamel, and the blued steel hands are sweet. This watch is well designed and makes telling the time at a glance a breeze, although why you would want to just glance at it I don't know, lol.

Still a bit of a mystery to me why it doesn't say "Made in Germany" at the customary bottom of the dial, but the absence does make for a really clean dial as others have noted.
    DowningB likes this.
    ALS * anOrdain * AP * Atelier Wen * BP * Cartier * DD&S * Direnzo * Fears * Invicta * IWC * JLC * Marnaut * Pancor * Rolex * Revolution * Stowa * Tiffany * Timor

"The deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

i am truly happy for you. Enjoy your watch
    DowningB likes this.

Congrats. It’s really beautiful.
    DowningB likes this.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information