How many Antea variations exists?

Thread: How many Antea variations exists?

Question How many Antea variations exists?

Hello!

I'm a little bit confused about the Antea variations of the last years.

In 2004 I bought an Antea from the limited Museum Edition with black dial, numerals and markers (both mixed like here) and a handwinded ETA 2660. There are also older versions with markers only and another with roman numerals.

As I discovered the newer Anteas have only numerals. When did the design changed?

I'm also interested about the movements which were built into the Antea.
    Here is my list. Please. feel free to correct it:

- Antea LE (="Limited Edition"?), numerals+markers, ETA 2660, (Edition Museum), 2003??
    - Antea LE, markers, ETA xxxx, (Edition Museum), 2003??
    - Antea, numerals and markers, ETA 2824-2
    - Antea, markers, ETA 2824-2
    - Antea, roman numerals, ETA 2824-2

(All watches only with numerals)
    - Antea, ETA 2824-2,
    - Antea KS, "Kleine Sekunde", Peseux 7001,
    - Antea Datum, ETA 2824-2

I didn't mentioned the different dial colours or the different straps.

Greetings

Lars

P.S.:
    Watching the new design I began to love it more and more!
    I think the Antea KS is my next watch...

Re: How many Antea variations exists?

I believe there was a different movement offered in the Antea KS for a short while, when the Peseux was not in stock. - Not sure exactly which mov't???

It's also worth noting that some Anteas had a stainless steel back, not sapphire (esp. the 2660 models - very small mov't, would look odd).

Also worth noting - some are WR to 3atm (older 2660 and current KS models), and some to 5atm (current 39mm models).

As for my preference, I like the all-numerals dial better:

Best Regards,
    Brian

I have a Golden Unruh 2005 antea. Jorg made a run of 100 with the creme dial and little 2005 right below the date box and individually numbered back. This model was made to celebrate his award for the watch. Nothing fancy to the movement but the blue screws were thrown in for free, Original price 299 euro and I got lucky and grabbed one of the last ones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

redstart

I agree, Brian. I wore mine today to start the week, and every time I glanced at it to check the time, I found myself grinning. It casts quite a spell, still. One just can't find a single fault in the execution.

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I believe there was a different movement offered in the Antea KS for a short while, when the Peseux was not in stock. - Not sure exactly which mov't???

It's also worth noting that some Anteas had a stainless steel back, not sapphire (esp. the 2660 models - very small mov't, would look odd).

Also worth noting - some are WR to 3atm (older 2660 and current KS models), and some to 5atm (current 39mm models).

As for my preference, I like the all-numerals dial better:

Best Regards,
    Brian

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Brian
    It was a Peseux 7001 too but in another execution if I remember right.

redstart

Worth another photo perhaps. --redstart

Quote Originally Posted by Lars_H
    Hello! ...
    P.S.:
    Watching the new design I began to love it more and more!
    I think the Antea KS is my next watch...

Thank you very much for your replies. The pictures are looking very nice!
    I do also like the all-numerals dial much more than the older ones.

Yes, my "Edition Museum" has a stainless steel back and is waterresistant to 3 atm. I can remember that Joerg Schauer explained on the STOWA website that the ETA 2660 would look odd with a saphire glass body.

Can you help me with the manufacturing dates?
    When was the Antea relaunched for the first time?
    Did the serial production started in 2004 or earlier?
    When did the dial changed from mixed numerals/markers to all-numerals?

Thanks!

Lars

stuffler,mike

Don´t forget the watchbizz LE

More to be read here (only german):

http://www.forumsuhr.de/Forumsuhr_1_...1_-_antea.html

Dial design goes back to a draft of Thomas Ernst.

could someone translate this text?

@Mike, thank you for that link. I've also found the old forum which should contain more informations about the Antea.

@Lutek, what about this funny Altavista Babelfish-translation? This could help for the first time. I can try to translate it to better english next days...

P.S.: Please note the funny translation from "Joerg Schauer". B-)
    I love Babelfish

"A large idea comes true

October 2003

Members of the Watchbizz forum meet
    Joerg shower

As itself in October 2003 some members (list of the names follows still!) the German Watchbizz forum with Joerg showers met, knew still nobody that would develop from it. There was much skepticism whether one could bring clock collecting tanks of different directions together. First disappointments with other projects in the time before it were not good Omen - there money had been already paid, but never furnished an achievement for it.

The STOWA team around Joerg shower however had a vision and the firm will to convert such a difficult project!

Many believed in the success of this small circle, and the difficulties became equivalent clear with the first discussions.
    - which dial draft should be it for the first forum clock?
    - which numbering gets the clock?

The technical basis was placed by Joerg shower - a hand elevator work ETA 2660 in a steel housing with sapphire glass.

On that day in October 2003 a simple draft was presented by Joerg shower for the standard model Antea, and it was also affirmed that this draft should be later to receive than series clock, if it not when forum clock draft was selected.

Finally decided then however all present ones, faithful and very active members of the forum, for a draft of the dial drawn of Thomas's Ernst. Thus it was thus clear that the forum clock 1 would receive a dial never which can be repeated! For Joerg shower was from the beginning clear and natural this.

The numbering busy all: Where and how?

A hot discussed topic, which itself with the second forum clock, which STOWA "Seatime" heated, again something up - see forum clock 2.

One agreed, the current, to attach but limited number (75 pieces) on the side of the housing NO 1 to NO 75 sequentially and without further distinction. (with the forum clock 2 later the discussion arose whether in such a way one not NO 01/75 - NO 75/75 to engrave should) each at that time present one was clearly - and it was also discussed - that it will never give more than these 75 clocks!

The forum clock 1 could go into production.

To mention it remains that there were black and silver dials to the choice. Thus the 75-iger again divided limitation. The exact classification, how many black and how many silver sheets were built, follows still.

The distribution of the clock in the year 2003 and at the beginning of of 2004 ran up to some discrepancies with the packing (the boxes went to us out) without problems.

Thus the project became forum clock 1 an entitled initial project for all further projects!

The price at that time of the clock was with euro 189. - an absolute "test project" without economical background, which still makes the STOWA happy team also today and spurs (a concept, which also the projects pursued to the forum clock 2 and forum clock 3 and/or pursue). Rather the proof should be furnished that final customers as well as manufacturers can step into a new dialogue. From the idea and the desire to cooperate in the organization of a clock actively and to bring them to "production stage", as can be prove attractive products can develop. This goal was already achieved by the forum clock 1 fully!

The STOWA team around Joerg showers completely particularly thanks you the active ones, which helped.

We will publish some worth knowing and background reports here in the next time still for emergence; also pictures, sketches etc. will follow.

Wishes far much joy with the first special clock for clock collecting tanks and members of the Watchbizz forum

Joerg shower"

Thread Information