How many stowa watches are made each year?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How many stowa watches are made each year?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How many stowa watches are made each year?

And they are not mass produced, am i correct? How many workers are there making watches? The site says i have to wait until june until this watch gets shipped. Should i order now or wait until june?

Also, i have a very small wrist (5.8 inches) Will the stowa airman look weird on my wrist? It's 40mm and seeing as the watch face is clean and simple, it might look big on me...

Re: How many stowa watches are made each year?

Hi Henry-Louis,

They are only a bunch of people taking care of all, so the delay --two to twelve month depending the model you want so you got to order now so they put you in queue, then in a few month you'll be asked to pay (only when it's about to be shipped).

About your wirst: ask Stowa's task force (Regine Schauer or Viveca at bestellung(at)stowa.de) for the shorter strap available as they have to sizes but don't tell it on the shop. :)
    Didier/Dieter
    Omega Constellation pie-pan (cal. 551, 1962)Stowa Flieger Baumuster A AutoSwatch SUJM704 day-date

Will the regular strap be okay for my small wrist? Should i punch holes to make it a better fit?

Also, are there any videos of the stowa airman? I want to see the hand sweep :-D
    Last edited by HenryLouis; January 1st, 2009 at 02:18.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh HenyLouis,

I can feel with you. I would like to have the MO, but my wrists are 6.3". I think to small with at least 50mm from lug to lug...

The Airman is just 1mm smaller (41mm vs 40mm).

I think both (sweet) watches are too big ... I don't know

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLouis View Post
    Also, are there any videos of the stowa airman? I want to see the hand sweep :-D
    I am not aware of any video of the Airman. However any video of a watch with an ETA 2824-2 will do it.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; January 1st, 2009 at 21:51.

There would be more answers maybe if a moderator or the OP change the title of the thread about how fit a 41/40 mm watch on really little wrists (women or very thin men)...
    Didier/Dieter
    Omega Constellation pie-pan (cal. 551, 1962)Stowa Flieger Baumuster A AutoSwatch SUJM704 day-date

Hi Dieter,

sure you're right. There are already some other threads about it. I've used the forum search indeed. But I think there is no definitely answer in general available. It's a very personal and individual decision. What do you think about it?

Of course I will contact Mr. Schauers team when christmas break is over.

Bye,
    Stefan

There is an objective geometrical problem: the lug to lug size that bully your shirt's sleeve.

This size problem is indeed a personal matter, depending of the design of the lugs, the "visible" appearance (the bezel/dial size ratio, diameter/heights of body ratio) etc.
    => It could only be checked with these Stowa models and owners pictures.

Personaly, I find this huge (> 40 mm) watches trend is silly (the biggest the car, the bike, the wallet, the [beeep!]).
    Very big watches are mainly tool watches worn over scuba- or flightsuits, it the same as driving a 4WD car in urban environment.
    Schauer/Stowa knowing this are not producing 55 mm B-Uhr but a bit more reasonable sized historical replicas.
    Jörg could notice that girls or thin men are in need of "reduced" models, since the 2824-2 is 11.5 lignes/25,6 mm (but in a short time no more available for non Swatch group makers)... I think all that has long been discussed.

The problem remain, making it fun or not wearing very legible nice looking watch.
    Didier/Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by stesoell View Post
    Oh HenyLouis,

I can feel with you. I would like to have the MO, but my wrists are 6.3". I think to small with at least 50mm from lug to lug...

The Airman is just 1mm smaller (41mm vs 40mm).

I think both (sweet) watches are too big ... I don't know
    I have a 6.25" wrist, and I don't feel the regular Airman is too large. However, I don't wear it under long sleeves; I use an Antea KS during the colder months.

The Airman Original, on the other hand, I don't know. It's only 1mm larger in diameter, but it's also quite a bit thicker. Then again, these days with everyone seeming to wear ridiculously large watches, it would probably go unnoticed.

Never mind, my wrist is about 6.25 inches like Bishamon. What are the actual specs of the watch? 55mm or 40mm? I'm confused! :S

Also, on stowa's website it says that the Airman cannot be available by June '09, yet in the "present delivery times" thread it says i can get it in Mid-February! Which one is correct?

The Antea looks tasty as well. Do you think i should wait more and get two watches at the same time to save shipping costs?

thanks for your replies!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information