I caught this handaufzug "red handed" !
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By RussMurray
  • 1 Post By warsh
  • 1 Post By Rickster27b

Thread: I caught this handaufzug "red handed" !

I caught this handaufzug "red handed" !

I am pleased to announce the arrival of my first Stowa and I couldn't be happier. First I would like to thank and/or blame all you enablers here on WUS for planting the seed. In particular I would also like to thank my fellow Canucks for the tip on selecting DHL as the carrier. Amazingly enough, there were no duties! Most of you are pretty familiar with the Partitio so I won't regurgitate all the specifics except to say that although the its 37.5mm dial works well on my 7.25" wrist thanks to those tremendous lugs. Also a bit of a shout out to the fine folks at Stowa and their exemplary customer service. Thanks for looking and your indulgence!

Name:  Stowa1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  Stowa2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  Stowa4.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  104.3 KB

Just one thing though. As much as i appreciate the cool metal box that the piece is housed in, I do think the overall packaging is a tad excessive. When I picked this baby at the post office today, it looked like i ordered a shirt by mistake ;)

Name:  StowaBox.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  37.3 KB

Re: I caught this handaufzug "red handed" !

Congratulations! I own the same model, and it’s one of my favorites

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RussMurray likes this.

Nice catch Russ! Congratulations.

I really enjoy my black dial Partitio that Stowa sent just a week ago. I think these are gorgeous timepieces that radiate quality and craftsmanship.

Cheers,

Rick
    Last edited by Rickster27b; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:48.
    RussMurray likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster27b View Post
    Nice catch Russ! Congratulations.

I really enjoy my black dial Partitio that Stowa sent just a week ago. I think these are gorgeous timepieces that radiate quality and craftsmanship.

Cheers,

Rick
    Thanks Rick. You'll get no argument from me!

Stunning Stowa!

Thanks for the heads-up on DHL. I received a Meistersinger from NL last month and was surprised to see that the Customs folks had not extracted their watch hobby tax. Seeing your comment, I've now made the DHL connection. Good to know!

Congrats on the acquisition! My first Stowa is making its way up north from a Chrono24 sale. Should be here this week! The Stowa invasion of Calgary!

Quote Originally Posted by YaletownLad View Post
    Stunning Stowa!

Thanks for the heads-up on DHL. I received a Meistersinger from NL last month and was surprised to see that the Customs folks had not extracted their watch hobby tax. Seeing your comment, I've now made the DHL connection. Good to know!

Congrats on the acquisition! My first Stowa is making its way up north from a Chrono24 sale. Should be here this week! The Stowa invasion of Calgary!
    Interesting about your Meistersinger. I wonder if the country of origin ie; the Netherlands had anything to do with it? Who was the carrier? Customs is definitely a black art. I remember getting hammered by CSA on a used Oris from the states which was shipped FedEx despite my request to go USPS. All the credit to use DHL with Stowa goes to those Canucks who provided the heads up a while ago on this forum. So if I may ask, which model of Stowa did you acquire? Perhaps we can swap stories at the next RedBar YYC event?

Thread Information