I placed an order for an MA...

Thread: I placed an order for an MA...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I placed an order for an MA...

I'm fairly new in the world of automatics. Last year I bought a Tissot Le Locle Auto like the one shown here (not my photo) http://www.wristwatchreview.com/wp-c...issot2kyg9.jpg . Looks great in person and has been keeping good time.

I've been eyeing my next watch to wear with a brown band. After staring at watches until my eyes bleed, I stumbled on Stowa's. Once I saw the Marine Auto I was pretty sure my search had ended (for now).

I placed an order this morning. I know they're on the month long vacation over there and saw it won't be here till mid November, but I'm ok with that.

I saw a couple of brushed Auto's so I emailed them to see if I can get that done. I hope it works out.

Re: I placed an order for an MA...

The extra charge to have my Marine Auto finished in matte was 40 Euros. I wish more companies were as customer-friendly as Stowa.

Your post was actually the one that I referred to in my email. Thanks for the input. I don't have a problem paying that for matte.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great call!!! Have mine on order for an expected Sep delivery date . From all accounts its a watch that well worth the wait. Now to decide on what strap

My watch arrived last week with a mesh bracelet but, unfortunately, it is too large despite my having removed all the sizing bars. It's now on a black leather strap, which looks very good. I'll send them a note about a replacement bracelet once they're done vacationing.

I'm looking at the site today and I noticed the Euro price went up $61 from when I ordered it 5 days ago. Dollar exchange rates aside, when it's time to actually pay a couple of weeks before it ships do I pay the price from when I ordered it or the price that it is when it's time to ship?

That’s not good news but it’s not a surprise because the US economy falling even deeper second time, after false quick recession recovery stated by Obama administration.

If I am correct Stowa using the exchange rate on the day you actually paying for the watch which is a week before they ship it. That is why there is two options: one pay right before the watch shipped or pay online with credit card and price automatically will be locked in. In this not stable economy it makes since to use credit card, so the price stays the same, if you know for sure that you won't back up. Some people do not want to pay right away simply because they do not have funds at the time and have the time to save up a bit.
    Last edited by ufc75; August 18th, 2009 at 23:18.

I understand the exchange rate. I'm referring to their actual price in Euro. That should not change unless the price of the watch itself went up. In which case, I signed on to buy it at 439, but it's now at 500.

Quote Originally Posted by j1mmyj4m View Post
    I understand the exchange rate. I'm referring to their actual price in Euro. That should not change unless the price of the watch itself went up. In which case, I signed on to buy it at 439, but it's now at 500.
    Be sure you are looking at the correct "onlineshop" as there are two prices for all watches, European resident's price includes VAT, while all others do not. Upper right side of the page will tell you if prices include VAT or not.

haha...yeah, I feel like a dunce. I clicked on a link from here that I didn't even notice went to the other site. They look exactly the same.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information