If not a Flieger then what ?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: If not a Flieger then what ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Over the years I've tried to want a Stowa Flieger because they're basically the flagship for the brand and I felt I should start there with growing a collection of the brand.After almost pulling the trigger several times,in the end I just can't seem warm up to them.I'm wanting a German manufactured piece and I'm very impressed with Stowa as a brand.
    All that being said witch Stowa other than the Flieger models what would you choose to start your Stowa collection with?

Re: If not a Flieger then what ?

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    Over the years I've tried to want a Stowa Flieger because they're basically the flagship for the brand and I felt I should start there with growing a collection of the brand.After almost pulling the trigger several times,in the end I just can't seem warm up to them.I'm wanting a German manufactured piece and I'm very impressed with Stowa as a brand.
    All that being said witch Stowa other than the Flieger models what would you choose to start your Stowa collection with?
    Marine? Antea? Partitio?

aside from the fliegers

the MO is awesome, loved the one I owned

chrono 1938, would own one if I didn’t already own the flieger chrono

if your you have a small wrist the partitio, bought one for my wife, love it but feel it’s too small for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What type of watch do you like? What is the size of your wrist?

I started with the black Partitio, have a couple of Marines that are rotating quite often, the Prodiver is a great weekend watch.
    If I had bigger wrists I would probably also have at least a chronograph.

Thanks.I have 6.7in wrists. Right now I'm trying to decide between the Antea 365 or the 36 mm MO. I'm waiting for folks to start getting them and seeing some real life pics.I just recieved Stowa's catalog and like Fikk said,if I had bigger wrist I would get the MO Chrono.Very strange how one day I want the Partitio and the next day not so much.
    BTW thier catalog is a good read with and very informative ( 265 pages).

Thanks.I have 6.7in wrists. Right now I'm trying to decide between the Antea 365 or the 36 mm MO. I'm waiting for folks to start getting them and seeing some real life pics.I just recieved Stowa's catalog and like Fikk said,if I had bigger wrist I would get the MO Chrono.Very strange how one day I want the Partitio and the next day not so much.
    BTW thier catalog is a good read with and very informative ( 265 pages).
    The Partitio has a very classic look. Love mine.
    I’m a big Stowa fan and have several. You won’t be disappointed with whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'd say that the Marine is more versatile than the Antea.
    I seldom wear the Antea with a casual outfit where the Marine goes with almost everything.

The lugs of the Antea are quite long so even if both watches have almost the same size, they won't fit the same way on your wrist.

You could also consider the 40mm Marine, I don't think it would be too big for you but it's a matter of taste.

I have 7.25" wrists and wear a black Partitio as well as a Marine Original at 41mm. The MO wears like its size due to the lug length, case height, white dial and relatively thin bezel. Unless you are comfortable large watches, the MO might be on the big side for your wrist size. While I consider the size of the Partitio to be perfect each time I wear it, sometimes, I wish the MO was a bit smaller. I can see either the Marine 36 or Partitio taking you from casual to somewhat dressy, with the Marine pulling-off dressy a bit better. Although I haven't seen it in the metal, I suspect that the Marine 36 will wear like the slightly larger Partitio. Either way, Stowa watches are very nicely finished and you will feel like you are wearing something special when you strap it on.

wkw

I ordered my first Stowa in 2006. At the time I was on the fence between Flieger and Marine as I like d them both.

At the end, I ordered Marine with hands from Flieger and this configuration solved my problem and I feel like I have the best from both world.

I happened to strap this particular watch on my 7” wrist today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wkw; September 2nd, 2018 at 03:09.
    fogbound, OPIC, X2-Elijah and 1 others like this.

About fifteen years ago
    - I didn't know the brand STOWA
    - read a newspaper with a report describing Joerg Schauer and his brands STOWA and SCHAUER
    - stumbled across a picture of the MO
    - fell in love immediately
    - bought that wonderful timepiece during a visit in Engelsbrand one week later.

That was the beginning of a collection containing today 700 to 800 pieces of vintage and current models - all labeled STOWA ( and some SCHAUER too )

Surely I'm not the one to recommend a special STOWA watch, but I can say: "Take any of them - you will be thrilled!"

Volker

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information