Ikarus

Thread: Ikarus

Ikarus

Hello all, I’m new to the forum but was wondering if I could have some advice. I got a Ikarus 40mm for a graduation present and it was making a click or clink noise when the rotor turned. I haven’t had a watch with an eta movement and know they make make some different noises. I contacted Stowa via the site and they said they would advise me but that was close to a week ago. Now it has started to run fast, as in close to 5 seconds per hour and since yesterday afternoon when I reset it, it has gained over 5 minutes. I have only had the watch for about a week and a half. What should I do?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Ikarus

Since it is under warranty l‘d send it back. Prior to that I‘d ask Stowa whether they’d agree to have a local watchmaker have a look at the Ikarus.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Yeah I wasn’t sure if they would still honor the warranty if it was looked at and where I live there isn’t a good jeweler close. I did look into the warranty but it would be expensive to pay to ship it from here (the USA) to Germany.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I tried to email them and still am not getting an answer. Does anyone know how the warranty works? Do I just send it or do they pay for shipping? Is there a form to fill out?

I'm not sure why you haven't gotten a response. I've had an easy experience dealing with them when I needed service including quick responses - I'd try again. The "chat" thing on their website works well, and if no one is there and it says "leave a message", you can try that. I've done that before and gotten a quick response after leaving a message.

It sounds like something is obviously wrong, and since it's a brand new watch I would send it for warranty repair.

After you speak with them and they approve it (they almost certainly will), they will email you everything you need to send it back to Germany via FedEx International Priority on their dime - you won't have to pay shipping under warranty. Definitely speak to them first though, and get the info/forms they'll send you. They have a special rate with their account, and I don't think they'd reimburse you the much higher amount FedEx charges regular folks like us.

No worries - their customer service is great and you likely won't have to pay for anything including shipping (as soon as you can solve why you haven't yet received a reply, anyway).

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Any update.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Well I got a few sort of answers from Stowa, but I’m not sure if it’s the language barrier but they seem to not really answer what I’ve asked. So after getting tired of trying to get an answer I checked and found that the watch was magantized. I bought a demagnetized from amazon for 10$ and fixed it now it is +/- about 1-3 seconds a day. So I’m going to just see how it goes and if anything else goes wrong I’ll try and use the warranty.

Glad it looks like you found your answer and fixed the problem without having to open up the watch.

Unfortunately, I've had similarly spotty responses from Stowa and I too wondered if it was the language barrier. Given the warranty and their reputation for quality, you'd think they'd be ultra-quick to help you.

Yeah I’m not sure either since I’ve also heard how great the customer service is. What was kind of weird was they understood just fine when I asked about The specs of another watch, that I got me a detailed answer on. The watch is great though, the finish is really good for the price and the top grade movement is very accurate now that it’s demagnetized.

Thread Information