I'm confused.......

Thread: I'm confused.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm confused.......

It's been a long day so I may just be missing something here. The link on WUS to the Stowa Company store:

http://www.german-watches.com/cgi-bi...showrub--antea

Shows a different price for the same watch if you Google Stowa and go to their (Stowas) site from Google

http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.c...gesamt_zeilen=

I'm getting ready to order one of these - is the price different due to Stowa paying the FedEx handling fees?

As I say it's been a long day and if I'm missing something obvious I apologize.

Pete
    KiterPete

Re: I'm confused.......

they are different prices. Not sure the reasoning behind that though.
    COLLECTION:
    Stowa FO SE Swan Neck (12/11 delivery)
    G-Shock G9000 Stormtrooper, GW-1500
    Movado SE
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5
    Tag Heuer 2000 Automatic
    One day: Omega Speedmaster

I believe one (de) has VAT for EU countries while (com) does not. If you are in the US order thru .com.

JimC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can confirm jimc's information.

Being an inhibitant of EU you have to order at "..de", living outside the EU you have to order at "...com".
    The "...com" - prices are without VAT; customs and postage are extra costs you have to pay.

brainless

Thanks everyone for making things clear - looks like I'll be taking Stowa off my wish list. Dealing with Fed Ex is a nightmare. Friend of mine just bought a watch from Germany the brokerage and customs handling fees to FedEx and the taxes (which he expected) increased the price of the watch by almost two thirds.

Have to rethink my dress watch purchase.
    KiterPete

stuffler,mike

Do a forum search typing "tax" and you´ll find a lot of information. A lot of members here are living in the US and do own a Stowa, you may also order your Stowa at watchbuys.com if they have your watch in stock it should be no problem at all.

Thanks Mike....

The issue is FedEx I am located in Canada and most things shipped by FedEx either from the US or the EU get nailed for brokerage/customs fees as they cross in to Canada. I accept the fact that we have to pay Canada Taxes on imported goods but the fees FedEx charges can be a killer.

IMHO manufacturers/dealers who ship USPS have a much broader market when selling to Canadians. A recent watch purchase of $585 sent from the US to my office in Canada had $56 in duty charges. My daughter had a $610 order shipped to Canada from the US and FedEx charged $392 in brokerage and handling fees plus the applicable taxes. Canada may not be a huge market for watches but from what I understand most sellers can't be bothered to 'do the paperwork' required for USPS and would rather leave that job to FedEx or UPS and pass the costs on to the buyer. On the other hand buyers can't be bothered to go through the FedEx aggravation which in part I'm sure reduces sales. Whenever I look at a manufacturers/dealers website the first thing I do is check to see their shipping method. Other members may have had a different experience but for me FedEx or UPS as a shipper in to Canada is not as good option.
    Last edited by kiterpete; June 4th, 2008 at 15:15. Reason: typo
    KiterPete

I live in the USA and all fedex did was ding me with a $20 customs fee.

I thought they were great.

Current Collection

Stowa - Airman Ikarus
    Stowa - Antea Black
    Tissot - Le Locle
    Tissot - PRS200

Hey there,

It may be helpful to ask Stowa if they have experience in sending watches to canada and the cost involved for shipping. They are really helpful and i am sure Jorg and his team will have a solution for you.

Cheers!

Kel

I'll try sending an email to Stowa direct - still want that Antea Cream .............
    KiterPete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information