Incoming

Thread: Incoming

Incoming

Well, thanks to the downtime TRF experienced over the last few months, I found myself surfing WUS to occupy my free time. That lead to another watch purchase, which I never thought I would make. It's really funny how fast you fall for a watch by looking at pictures online. My watch fund took a hit with this purchase, but I think this was a great choice for the money. It was very difficult to place the order since the company only sells online and does not have stores in the US. I like to try a watch on in person before making a purchase. However, I feel that this watch has lived up to all the hype on WUS.

I've looked at PAM's for two years thanks to WUS and TRF, but could never come to terms with the asking price of the 111 and 112 and the 44MM size. For that kind of money I would rather have another Rolex or a JLC.

So, I continued my search for a casual watch with a leather strap. That's when I found this dedicated group of people on WUS who love this German watchmaker. The downside to this company is the nearly 3 month wait list for the watch to be made and shipped.

Today my wait is over and I present to my fellow WUS members my new watch. I know this was the correct purchase for me and I'm very happy with the watch.

I thank all of you for your past posts, which I read and learned a lot from over the months. You guys gave me the knowledge and courage to make this purchase. Therefore, I blame all of you for this purchase!

Now for the picks:

A very nice and interesting display box.

The first look:

The close up - nice clean dial. The white dial just pops and I love the blue hands:

Another close up:

I love the clear case back. Jorg does a great job with the Unitas movement.

And finally the wrist shot.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you enjoy the pics. Stowa makes a fine watch for the money and customer service was fantastic.

Now the watch fund needs to be funded again so I can grab that Rose Gold JLC I have my eye on!
    ------------------------------------------
    Rolex TT DJ
    Rolex SS GMTIIC

Re: Incoming

Great looking piece and many congratulations to you.
    My MO was ordered Dec. 6 and shipped out March 17th. It is sitting tonight and for the rest of the weekend in the Fedex warehouse in New Jersey and will be delivered on Monday. UGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But hey, what's a weekend after three months and change. Looking forward to seeing my MO ..

Re: Incoming

Congrats! Ordered mine on Dec. 28th hoping it would be here for my 50th birthday, (wishful I know), still waiting hope to hear from Stowa soon.

Thread Information