Interested in a Stowa. What are the "must-have" models?

Thread: Interested in a Stowa. What are the "must-have" models?

Interested in a Stowa. What are the "must-have" models?

Though most watch companies have dozens of models, I consider certain ones iconic such as the 656 from Sinn or the Sea/Speedmaster from Omega. What are the must-see or must-check out models for my first Stowa?

Thanks.

Re: Interested in a Stowa. What are the "must-have" models?

They make so few models that it shouldn't be hard to isolate one that particularly speaks to you. I'm a relative newcomer to this site, but have already purchased an MO (serial edition) which has rarely been off my wrist since it arrived. I am also anxiously awaiting release of the Airman Original (serial edition) and have asked that it be fitted with the swan neck regulator and sapphire back. I would say these are two "must check out" models, but then I would, wouldn't I?

Are you a diver or spend time in a boat? If so, then the Pro Diver would be another one to check out. Fan of the Bauhaus influence? then.... you get the picture. Stowa is known for exquisite fit and finish, excellent regulation and price points way below what you would expect for the quality received. Find one that speaks to you and pull the plug! Enjoy.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Any Stowa watch is top notch and a good value I think.
    I'd guess the 2 most popular/well known lines are Antea and Seatime/ProDiver.
    No wrong choice anywhere in the brand though.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would say the Marine Original is the watch to have, if one were to get only a single Stowa wristwatch. Having said that, as Tragic has already pointed out, you really can't make a wrong choice!
    Cheers,
    --Rob

I think that the Marine Original is a rather iconic Stowa model, as are their Pilots/Flieger models.

Personally I own the Marine Original (handwound), Flieger Original Ltd Ed. (handwound) and the vintage Stowa Armee Francaise - also handwound.

On my wanted list is a Stowa Seatime with display back. My only wish was that it was handwound and not automatic.

Hi,

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Can you please explain what a serial edition is? Does it simply mean numbered and limited? What makes them different than a regular Stowa? I hope they aren't just randomly setting editions to sell them at a higher price.

stuffler,mike

A "must have" ? If a Stowa "must have" really does exist it would be a Flieger no date or the MO. I you are a diver it would be the Prodiver for sure. However it is a matter of taste and personal neeeds or preferences. You can´t go wrong with any Stowa.

Thread Information