Introducing Jorg Schauer Kulisse "Deutschland"
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By RC Harris

Thread: Introducing Jorg Schauer Kulisse "Deutschland"

Introducing Jorg Schauer Kulisse "Deutschland"

Nearly a year ago, I sent my Schauer Kulisse Special to Jorg after he agreed to make a custom dial for me. I liked the watch a lot (obviously since I bought it) but I was not crazy about the stenciled reference to Valjoux 7750 on the dial and the word "Chronograph" seemed unnecessary. The blued screws on the bezel were never really blue, rather they were brownish - I didn't like that look.

Anyway, I wanted something more contemporary that honored the maker rather than the movement. Jorg and I collaborated and several months later the watch with its one of a kind dial is complete and happily part of my collection.

This is not a quick turn around project - it took almost 10 months! Jorg does precise hand-work and he does it alone. With so many other responsibilities, you can only imagine how busy he is. So if you decide you need a custom dial beware - it isn't going to come easily, quickly or cheaply.

There is no other Jorg Schauer watch on the planet like this one. I have to admit, that makes me smile. I asked Jorg if I could name it and he readily approved.
    I introduce to you the Jorg Schauer Kulisse Special "Deutschland":

Thanks for looking --- Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Introducing Jorg Schauer Kulisse "Deutschland"

beautiful watch Randy! congrats!
    just wondering why Jorg didn't put his name there instead of chronograph in the first place

The Kulisse is probably the most aesthetic chronograph out there. Congrats to your personalized dial. I noticed there are two identical dials on picture 2. Did you get the second one as replacement?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow very nice. Congrats on your custom Kulisse.

Quote Originally Posted by tobitas View Post
    The Kulisse is probably the most aesthetic chronograph out there. Congrats to your personalized dial. I noticed there are two identical dials on picture 2. Did you get the second one as replacement?
    I don't really know for sure as I never asked him. I am assuming Jorg crafted two dials so that there would always be a spare - just in case. Or perhaps one dial might be better than the other - choice is always good. At any rate, he has the 2nd dial.
    Randy

Case with slant bezel is the best from Schauer. This and Limited Ed. 10 are probably most beautiful Kulisse chronos. I remember when you wrote about this on timezone - that you have your watch at Jörg´s and your waiting and waiting... I´m glad that you have your watch finally back.

One personal point - "Deutschland" on the dial is much better than "Made in Germany". It feels more right.

THIS is what it should look like!
    Much Improved & Great Idea.
    maybe Jorg will like it enough to offer as a special order...

Thread Information