Introduction and a couple questions

Thread: Introduction and a couple questions

Introduction and a couple questions

Well, I've lurked on these forums for a while and have been trying to make decision on "the watch" I was going to shoot for. I currently wear a few relatively inexpensive Chinese movements, but was looking to move to a "real" watch maker. Stowa seems to be a tremendous value, and I love the look of the AO and MO.

My current plan is to start the journey to buy AO with Swan Neck. However, I really prefer the dial of the brushed MO, however, I would really need it with a black face.

Is there a black faced MO in the pipeline? Perhaps as a "maybe?"

Look forward to hearing some replies.

stuffler,mike

Re: Introduction and a couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSliver View Post
    Well, I've lurked on these forums for a while and have been trying to make decision on "the watch" I was going to shoot for. I currently wear a few relatively inexpensive Chinese movements, but was looking to move to a "real" watch maker. Stowa seems to be a tremendous value, and I love the look of the AO and MO.

My current plan is to start the journey to buy AO with Swan Neck. However, I really prefer the dial of the brushed MO, however, I would really need it with a black face.

Is there a black faced MO in the pipeline? Perhaps as a "maybe?"

Look forward to hearing some replies.
    Afaik: NO black MO in the pipeline. And a black MO would make absolutely no sence because the Marine as it is is a homage to the Deckwatch of former times. No deckwatch and no hamage should feature a black dial which would be a sacrifice then.

Fair enough. I'll probably go after a MO then. The white dial is still very nice, and I do prefer the seconds at 6.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Afaik: NO black MO in the pipeline. And a black MO would make absolutely no sence because the Marine as it is is a homage to the Deckwatch of former times. No deckwatch and no hamage should feature a black dial which would be a sacrifice then.
    Well in fairness Stowa has produced a MO with roman numerals, and to the best of my knowledge that isn't based on a historical design.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Canuck View Post
    Well in fairness Stowa has produced a MO with roman numerals, and to the best of my knowledge that isn't based on a historical design.
    Thats true. But! There are atleast other Deck chronometers with roman dials

Like my E.M. Tissot.
    You`re interested in stopwatches? Please visit
    http://stopwatches.forum24.se

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Canuck View Post
    If Stowa-Stowa is concerned you are right. The real MO homage is the one with arabic numerals, no doubt about that. However another Beobachtungsuhr, the J. Assmann Glashütte deck watch with roman numerals was serving on the U 5 (see Konrad Knirim for more information).

Stowa sent me a reply via E-mail and told me a black faced Marine Original is in the plans, but no date could be given for one to be available. Looks like I'll be holding out.

we are planning a black faced Marine Original - but by now I can not tell you when the release date might be ?

best regards

Viveca

Am 06.03.2009 um 17:58 schrieb STOWA:

Thats great news
    You`re interested in stopwatches? Please visit
    http://stopwatches.forum24.se

Thread Information