Joining the club with a Stowa Antea (now with pics)
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Joining the club with a Stowa Antea (now with pics)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Joining the club with a Stowa Antea (now with pics)

Well guys, I'm now also the proud owner of a Stowa. I wanted one as a personal graduation present, so I've been saving up money to buy it in about half a year, but this one popped up in a sales corner and I felt that itch... Drove 45 minutes to see it in real life and was hooked almost immediately. Guess I'll need a new graduation present. I'm open for suggestions ;)

At first I thought it was a Stowa Antea 390, but then I realized the date was wrong - it was sold in may 2006. It's a Stowa Antea auto with date in 39mm, a model I wasn't aware existed as it's not currently in the catalogue. I suppose the only real difference between this watch and the 390 is the creme dial instead of the silver on the 390? But if there's more, please tell me, I'm very curious.
    Last edited by GuySie; November 1st, 2008 at 21:16.
    mitadoc likes this.

Re: Joining the club with a Stowa Antea

Congratulations. That's a beauty.

THere is at least one more difference between that and the 390. The 390 has a silver Stowa made rotor.

Congratulation for that early present!

There are nearly countless variations of Anteas - yours is a really nice one.

Volker

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Welcome to the Stowa owners club.

Shot a few quick pics of the watch to share. I apologize beforehand, I didn't have my good equipment at hand - I'm in the middle of moving. So this is done with the 350d and an on-cam flash, using 5 folded pieces of printerpaper as a lightbox :). Check out the fullscreen slideshow here.

mitadoc and Ygrene like this.

are you kidding me? those pics are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySie View Post
    Shot a few quick pics of the watch to share. I apologize beforehand, I didn't have my good equipment at hand - I'm in the middle of moving. So this is done with the 350d and an on-cam flash, using 5 folded pieces of printerpaper as a lightbox :). Check out the fullscreen slideshow here.

Re: Joining the club with a Stowa Antea (now with pics)

congrats on graduation. congrats on owning a stowa. and you're new graduation present can be a Stowa airman or MO to go with that Antea

Quote Originally Posted by GuySie View Post
    Well guys, I'm now also the proud owner of a Stowa. I wanted one as a personal graduation present, so I've been saving up money to buy it in about half a year, but this one popped up in a sales corner and I felt that itch... Drove 45 minutes to see it in real life and was hooked almost immediately. Guess I'll need a new graduation present. I'm open for suggestions ;)

At first I thought it was a Stowa Antea 390, but then I realized the date was wrong - it was sold in may 2006. It's a Stowa Antea auto with date in 39mm, a model I wasn't aware existed as it's not currently in the catalogue. I suppose the only real difference between this watch and the 390 is the creme dial instead of the silver on the 390? But if there's more, please tell me, I'm very curious.

Beautiful looking piece. Congratulations!
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

More posts like these I may just fall over the edge in getting one for myself. The Antea is beautiful! Great choice! Congrats

Fantastic photos. Clean-dial beauty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information