Jorg, have you seen this?

Thread: Jorg, have you seen this?

Jorg, have you seen this?

The case and bracelet look very familiar to me. Why does that company always take others' ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Jorg, have you seen this?

Quote Originally Posted by RussF
    The case and bracelet look very familiar to me. Why does that company always take others' ideas?
    I beg to differ on that one, the CEO's Great Great Great Grandmother came up with the concept for that watch back in 1801 and there is carbon dated paperwork to prove it

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by bleddrewsoe
    I beg to differ on that one, the CEO's Great Great Great Grandmother came up with the concept for that watch back in 1801 and there is carbon dated paperwork to prove it

Must be the one and only watchmaking Great Great Great Grandmother who lived in a small valley somewhere in the Swiss mountains close to Lac Geneve and later married Mr. Dürrstein at Glashütte/Saxony :-D :-D :-D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear RussF,

thanks for this picture.
    But to tell you the true:

Design is working with realy - sometimes realy small differences and this makes a watch perfect or middle range.

What i want to say is: Of course there are some companies trying to copie someones basic idea - but the result often is far away from the basic and first who come.
    (it also works for me - for example is the Original Seatime nice and perfect - but my new launched Seatime and Seatime Prodiver just take some details from the former modells and i work it out to a unique and special watch - for today and i am surte for a long terme)

i don´t know if this company was in market before - but i don´t care realy because this watch is in some small details very near - but far away.

For example is the clear and very good readable Prodiver a watch which stands for its own.

The german design always try to make it as clear as possible (this is my understanding from german design - maybe others have a different interpretation)

So i think there will be always some watches out in the market which looks similar to another - but own and realy independent design will be succesful always - it will be a "Klassiker" (which means you can build 10, 20 or more years the same watch)

I feel that the most of the STOWA collection are "Klassiker" and i will build always - it doesn´t matter what comes right or left or was existing.
    #
    To do a good idea and work on it in the own taste and interpretation is a nice work.

A lot of watchcompanies think they can be near to a succesful design and they will have the same succes like the initiator - but this is not coming.

Own , independent and succesful design stands for itselfs.

Bye and thanks again for this watchpicture who allows me to say something about basicly my Design philosophy.

Best regards

Jörg

Thread Information