Jorg Schauer bezel problem - design questions

Thread: Jorg Schauer bezel problem - design questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jorg Schauer bezel problem - design questions

I have a Jorg Schauer Day Date GL42 and the bezel has fallen off. This GL42 has a tapered 12 screw bezel similar to the bezel on the Zentral model. The screws do not thread into the watch case, but are angled in the bezel to grip the watch case. I have emailed stowa for advice on how to best have the bezel reattached but have yet to get a response.

I was surprised the bezel screws were not threaded into the case, as it seems like a weak design. Does anybody know if this is the regular bezel fastening design use by Schauer? Has anybody had a similar problem with this type of bezel design. Any suggestions on how to have the bezel reattached in a manner so it wont fall off again? Do other schauer bezels actually thread into the case as it appears? If so would it be advisable to have this bezel changed out by schauer for a bezel that threads into the case?

Any help advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by neely; August 21st, 2008 at 06:18.

Re: Jorg Schauer bezel problem - design questions

Hi Neely,
    This sounds like a serious quality issue. To be quite frank, it's quite hard to believe that this happened at all since the "12 screw bezel" is the brand mark of all Schauer watches. And I'm pretty sure that Joerg does make sure that the bezel of his watches doesn't simply fall off. Your quality problem is so unusual that I would think of a faked watch - on the other hand I never heard that Schauer watches get copied as the Schauer brand is not very well known in the watch market. (Where did you buy the watch?)

You contacted Joerg already (to me this is the only way to go.....). I'm pretty sure that he will answer to your inquiry quite soon. Be a little patient since Joerg just returned from his vacation this week and has probably a huge backlog of emails to be read. Usually Joerg does answer rather quickly. I'm sure that Joerg will ask you to send the watch to him for inspection and repair.

I do hope that this issue will have a lucky end for you.

Regards, Omar

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Hawk View Post
    Hi Neely,
    This sounds like a serious quality issue. To be quite frank, it's quite hard to believe that this happened at all since the "12 screw bezel" is the brand mark of all Schauer watches. And I'm pretty sure that Joerg does make sure that the bezel of his watches doesn't simply fall off. Your quality problem is so unusual that I would think of a faked watch ...
    Omar - Thanks for your reply and concern. Be assured that this is a Schaer watch. I have since recd a request from Jorg for pictures, which I have just emailed, and am now waiting for his 2nd reply.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by neely View Post
    Omar - Thanks for your reply and concern. Be assured that this is a Schaer watch. I have since recd a request from Jorg for pictures, which I have just emailed, and am now waiting for his 2nd reply.
    Hi Neely,

Sounds promising.
    If you don't mind, please keep us posted about the outcome.

Regards, Omar

Quote Originally Posted by neely View Post
    Would you mind posting the pictures on this thread? Just curious.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mmaddux View Post
    Would you mind posting the pictures on this thread? Just curious.

Thanks,

Mike

Here are some photos. Please excuse the limited macro capabilities

Thanks a lot for the pictures.
    Very interesting!!
    If it's not too much of an effort....... I'd love to see the other side of the bezel as well.

Regards, Omar

That does suprise me, I had thought that it was screwed through into the case on my various Schauers.

However, that does mean that the screws are decorative, and the bezel fits in the same way as on most other watch designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Hawk View Post
    Thanks a lot for the pictures.
    Very interesting!!
    If it's not too much of an effort....... I'd love to see the other side of the bezel as well.

Regards, Omar
    I posted 4 pictures including both sides of the bezel. You may need to scroll to the right to see the picture of the other side of the bezel.

You are right - I missed to simply scroll right:oops::oops: - I'm sorry!!

Thanks anyway!

Regards, Omar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information