Jorg Schauer Edition 10 or 12

Thread: Jorg Schauer Edition 10 or 12

Jorg Schauer Edition 10 or 12

Hello,

I am considering purchasing Jorg schauer edition 10 or 12, which looks great on the web site. But I'm wondering if it would not be too bulky for my wrist. Infortunately there are no shops selling these watches near my home) so I can't see them.

I live in Paris. Does anayone, living in Paris or not far from paris, has one of these two watches ? I will offer him a frendly drink against a look on his watch.

Thank you

Re: Jorg Schauer Edition 10 or 12

Hello emmanuelj,

I don't know whether you have visited the http://www.germanwatches24.com where it shows Edition 10 and Edition 12 in profile pictures:

http://www.germanwatches24.com/cgi-b...chrono.watches

The Edition 10 is 42mm and the Edition 12 is 41mm and they both are 15mm in thickness (to the peak of domed crystal.) It is strictly depends on your wrist size (and the way you wear your watch) whether you can accommodate this 15mm or not. Hope this will help you decide which one to buy.

Thank you,

I didn't know the germanwatches24 internet site and I had a look on the profile of the deux watches I'm interested in. You're right, 15 mm is maybe a liitle too thick for my wrist. I'm looking forward to seeing one to confirm this impression.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've had an Edition 12 a while back and really enjoyed it. I considered buying another one but ended up getting an Edition 10 instead. If thickness is a concern I would definitely recommend an Edition 12. I prefer the heft of the Edition 10. The craftsmanship that goes in to the Kulisse line is top notch. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Pat

Hello, and thank you for the photographs. It helps me, particularly the "wrist photograph" of the profile of the edition 10.

personnaly I prefer the "porthole look" of the case of the edition 10 but I prefer the dial of the edition 12. Nonetheless I have a other concern than thickness, it's the real color of the dial of the edition 12. I explain : on your photographs of the edition 12 the dial seems nearly white (and I like it). On others photographs I saw on internet the color of the dial can be much more yellow, even light brown sometimes, and I don't like it very much. So can you confirm me that the color of the dial in your photographs represent the reality ?

Thank you

Emmanuel

Hello and your very welcome.

The color of my Edition 12 looks fairly accurate to the picture that I took. I did see the picture of the Edition 12 on the Schauer website and it looks like it has more yellow than mine did. I did email Jorg a while back concerning the slightly different shades of white on the Edition 10. I was told that his colors were hand mixed and there may be a slight difference in shade. I can appreciate a watch that isn't mass produced so this was not a problem with me. If you order one you may want to ask for a picture of the actual watch or request a lighter shade.
    Another reason might be the lighting when the picture was taken. Here is a picture of my old Edition 12 that looks more yellow than usual.

Cheers, Pat

Hello and once again thank you,

after having seen your photographs and read your advices I think I will choose an edition 12 (for the thickness and the metallic inserts on the dial) but I will first contact jorg Schauer to be sure about the colour on the dial.

Enjoy your edition 10 and your next watches...

Cheers

Emmanuel

Thread Information