Just Wanted to Introduce Myself (and ask a few questions...)

Thread: Just Wanted to Introduce Myself (and ask a few questions...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just Wanted to Introduce Myself (and ask a few questions...)

Hi.

I mostly hang out over on the Omega board and have been lusting after a Speedmaster Professional (3573.50 sapphire sandwich) for the past several months.

As I have started exploring the world of watches, I have found myself drawn to the clean, timeless designs involving large, highly-readable Arabic numerals. I've found myself reading about and looking at pictures of Sinn, Panerai, and several of the brands that offer the pilots'/Flieger watches.

Specifically, I am falling in love with the Stowa Airman series. I prefer the watches without the logo and with the display back. My favorite would have to be the Airman Original -- stunning watch at a reasonable price.

EDIT: I just started checking out the Marine Original with the Roman numerals, too! That and a AO would be a stunning set to complement one another.

The more I read about these watches, the more I like them. I think I will probably start spending some time on this board, and I just wanted to say "hello." Hopefully before long, I will learn the Stowa language and further appreciate the brand.

My main question for now is where most people buy these watches? Are they only available through Stowa's website and in the Sales Corners of various watch websites?

If you have any helpful links or "classic" threads that a newbie should read, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Zep
    Last edited by zeppelin; March 2nd, 2009 at 22:18.

Re: Just Wanted to Introduce Myself (and ask a few questions...)

Hello Zeppelin and welcome to the only serious web page for discussion of Stowa's watches; you will find the German watch pages of other sites will have some content, TZ is an obvious one, but this is the only serious site IMV.

In terms of purchasing these watches, you will occasionally find listings on the sales pages of this and other sites, but most people buy new and deal directly with Stowa. Great people to deal with and you'll see lots of kudos on these pages for people like Ms. Viveca Hafner and Regine Schauer. Both of them will make any purchase transaction a pleasure. Watchbuys does handle a couple of the sportswatches if you are in the US, but the the only other retail opportunities are from some stores in Germany, AFAIK, and many of Stowa's watches are not available other than from Stowa directly.

Oh, and I second your vote for the AO/MO combo!!! Enjoy your time!
    Last edited by redbike; March 4th, 2009 at 00:13.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    My main question for now is where most people buy these watches? Are they only available through Stowa's website and in the Sales Corners of various watch websites?

If you want a new one you have to order online from Stowa directly, sometimes Watchbuys sells Stowa (for example the red12).
    In the past some LE have been announced here on the forum and sold online, by e-mail or regisiering on a special web site Jörg opened for that purpose.

BTW: Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Picture Re: Just Wanted to Introduce Myself (and ask a few questions...)

Hi Zep - welcome to Stowa!

We love these timepieces and the family-style company that produces them.

I had a 3573.50 and gladly sold it, although I have other Omegas I enjoy.

As for the Airman, you can use the Search function at the top of this page to find virtually anything you want about the Stowa watches - lots of loyalty around here.

Ordering directly from Stowa is really the only way to go - superlative service and communication. As for how long you'll have to wait to receive a hand-made Airman Original, you can find that at the top of the page as well as the approximate delivery time of the rest of the fine Stowa line.

Care, craftsmanship, quality, and communication. What else to ask for...a few images to keep you on track!

Glen

MO Limited

Heartbeat of the MO

Welcome! Glad you stopped by.

Stowa's are really quality products. I love my MO LE, and my Seatime.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

Hi Zep, and welcome to the Stowa Forum. There are many great things about this forum and other posters have mentioned them. For me, the information about Stowa watches is second to none. There are some real experts on the forum who can answer just about any question on Stowa watches. The information is limitless. But ever more important to me is the friendliness of the community. It would be hard to mention everyone individually but I enjoy all of the people here. It is my favorite watch community because of that feeling. Anyway, here are my two Stowa watches. I still covet that MO LE but who knows what else will be coming out soon. Stephen

https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

Hey guys, quick question -- do you pronounce it "Sto-wah" or "Sto-vah"?

I'm guessing it's not "sto-way" or "sto-vay"....

...but I'm unsure how to pronounce the "W"....this is due to watching Katarina "V"itt growing up...

By the way, thanks to everyone for the welcome. I look forward to learning about these watches and hopefully eventually owning one.

I think I am still going to pull the trigger on the Omega first, but this would be a neat watch to follow up with and not absolutely break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Hey guys, quick question -- do you pronounce it "Sto-wah" or "Sto-vah"?

I'm guessing it's not "sto-way" or "sto-vay"....

...but I'm unsure how to pronounce the "W"....this is due to watching Katarina "V"itt growing up...
    I pronounce it "sto-wah" so I don't sound pretentious around my non-WIS friends. My german buddy Sebastian says it's pronounced "shto-vah".

..............and Sebastian is right,

Volker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information