WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Just won this one and need some help identifing

2K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  StufflerMike 
#1 ·
I know it is a Stowa Seatime but no idea the age of it, movement or if the bezel even moves. Right now it seems it does not.

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you for the information. When it arrives I will probably flip it as I was informed that this watch is quite rare and even the Stowa museum may not have one. The dial is lovely. Bezel shows minor wear, but nothing that really hurts the eye. Only the crown has "turned yellow" - either it was chromed once, and has completely worn off, or - more likely - it was replaced by a yellow one. Maybe it was also intended this way, as the print on the bezel is also yellow.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Material property Strap

Metal Titanium

Razor Material property Metal Fashion accessory Nail clipper

#6 ·
That's the same watch I have.
The bezel should rotate - unless someone fixed the bezel with glue to the case. My collection of vintage STOWA diver watches consists of about 30 pcs. and all their bezels can be moved around.
The bezel is hold by the pressure of a round spring (made of thin wire) between glass and bezel.
Tomorrow I will shoot some pics and show what you should do,

Volker ;-)

#8 · (Edited)
Hello time-lord,

I just arranged an album,
- my watch, bezel's triangle at "12" Pic. 1
- my watch, bezel's triangel at "6" : It rotates! Pic. 2
- same back lid as on your watch Pic. 3
- movement Pic. 4
- comparison with another one of my Seatimes: Identical case and glass and bezel fixture Pic. 5
- bezel levered off (by a knife's blade) Pic.6
- bezel and mounted spring Pic. 7
- bezel and dismounted spring Pic. 8
- watch and bezel together again Pic. 9
- some of my spare bezels Pic. 10
Here you can find the album: https://c.web.de/@335023869452621298/pIjPwpTPRwSYbgb_J-EUhQ
Any questions left?

Volker ;-)

#9 ·
Thank you and thanks to Mike and the others who responded. It helped put a time frame and history on this watch for me. Now to find a bezel for it. I wrote to stowa about a replacement but I was told they do not carry them any longer for watches from this period. Well, it is vintage so bumps and bruises are ok like most of we old folks. Watches age too. I did come across this here at WUS written by Mike 11 years ago.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/arctos-pallas-parat-stowa-pforzheim-50391.html

#19 ·
Re: Valuations.

WatchUSeek does not offer valuations, nor do we recommend trying to have your watch valued online. Assessing the value of a watch is dependent on many factors, most of which require qualified persons having access to the watch directly. While members may provide their opinions as to the value of a watch, these are purely their opinions and do not represent WUS. If you need an value for insurance purposes, contact a qualified watchmaker who is certified for this activity (this varies from country to country), an auction house or a reputable watch dealer. The Complete Price Guide to Watches by Tom Engle, Richard E. Gilbert and Cooksey Shugart, published by Tinderbox Press of Mt Pleasant, SC, USA (commonly known as "Shugart") is a recognized starting point for watch valuations, but this does not represent a recommendation to use that book as anything but a starting point in determining your watch's value. As WatchUSeek is not in the business of watch valuation, we will not recommend anyone, but members may address individual requests with their own recommendations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.