Left-handed Antea

Thread: Left-handed Antea

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    492

    Left-handed Antea

    Hi folks, have just bought a left-handed no-date Antea Creme, I assume that the dial has just been rotated? Does anyone have any information on this model of Antea?

    [Edit - Here's a picture from the advert]

    Last edited by bydandie; February 14th, 2009 at 08:45.

  2. #2
    Member SydneyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    804

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    Photos??

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    492

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    Have added photos now and hope to get it today! :)

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member powermaxi2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    near Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    310

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    I would also say that the dial with movement has been rotated.
    No problem with that design as there is no date or small second which would make such a watch look strange (the Nomos Lävograph for example)
    Last edited by powermaxi2000; February 15th, 2009 at 13:24.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    492

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    Quote Originally Posted by powermaxi2000 View Post
    I would also say that the dial with movement has been rotated.
    No problem with that design as there is no date or small second which would make such a watch look strange (the Nomos Lävograph for example)
    It's only the dial that's been rotated. I must admit that I was planning to ask Joerg if he could rotate the dial for a fee, but there is no serial number and this is marked as a special piece left hand version.

    It'd be a shame to change it and I feel it looks quite cool! :)

  7. #6
    Member cybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    100

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    Wouldnt the dial remain the same and just the movement be rotated??

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern Germany
    Posts
    2,192

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    Yes and no - the dial will remain the same, but it won't stay in it's old position.
    It is turned for exactly 180 degrees - clockwise or anti-clockwise, just as you want.

    Only the crown will stay where it belongs to - to the winding stem.


    Volker

  9. #8
    Member cybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    100

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    Yes and no - the dial will remain the same, but it won't stay in it's old position.
    It is turned for exactly 180 degrees - clockwise or anti-clockwise, just as you want.

    Only the crown will stay where it belongs to - to the winding stem.


    Volker
    Thanks for the explanation. I think I have a right brain-left brain problem LoL...still seems like at that point the crown would be turning counter clockwise to wind instead of clockwise and the keyless works would then be upside down.

    Now if Eta just made a left handed movement with the keyless works on the left side, I could comprehend that.....ugh..I wish i were smarter.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    492

    Re: Left-handed Antea

    Quote Originally Posted by cybee View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I think I have a right brain-left brain problem LoL...still seems like at that point the crown would be turning counter clockwise to wind instead of clockwise and the keyless works would then be upside down.

    Now if Eta just made a left handed movement with the keyless works on the left side, I could comprehend that.....ugh..I wish i were smarter.
    Yep that's correct, movement is upside-down! WIll get new pictures when I get the new black nappa strap and deployant fitted tomorrow!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •