Let the Waiting Begin . . .

Thread: Let the Waiting Begin . . .

Let the Waiting Begin . . .

Hi everyone,

Relative newbie here. I just wanted to chime in to crow about my new order - I just pulled the trigger and ordered a new Stowa Airman Ikarus with the COSC-certified movement. Now the waiting begins - looks like delivery won't occur till mid-September.

Anyone else have the gray-faced watch? I liked the understated look of it, and would love to see photos.

James
    James Partridge

On the wrist today: D. Dornblueth & Sohn 99.8

Re: Let the Waiting Begin . . .

Hi James,
    Welcome to the Stowa family. You will no doubt very much enjoy your Ikarus.

The SEARCH function at the top of the page comes in very handy and is highly recommended.

I did one quick search to save you some time by typing "Ikarus" and found this link - IKARUS. Yes some of my snapshots are in there, but there are quite a number of really good images from other Ikarus enthusiasts.

Enjoy, have fun, and we'll prop you up while you wait for a watch with perhaps one of the most interesting and beautiful dials in the biz.

Glen

Thanks for the link, Dan! Much appreciated. As a veteran of several pen fora, I apologize for not using the Search function. So useful, so often neglected . . .

I really like the onion crown and blued hands on the watch. I'm going to see whether that's an option I can request.

Best,

James
    James Partridge

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Of course you can make that request. It'll only help to increase your anticipation!

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by TimeZero View Post
    Thanks for the link, Dan! Much appreciated. As a veteran of several pen fora, I apologize for not using the Search function. So useful, so often neglected . . .

I really like the onion crown and blued hands on the watch. I'm going to see whether that's an option I can request.

Best,

James
    Hi James,

have a look at the mentioned link: nocturnal stallion has gotten the options requested by you,

Volker

Thanks, Volker - those images are great - when I saw them, I knew I had to have the blued hands and onion crown.

An email request to Stowa was promptly replied, and the change to my original order is in process. More anticipation . . . .

FWIW, I also ordered the deployant buckle, but I've read that some people didn't like the way the buckle fit some of the Stowa bands. I hope I won't be disappointed with that choice.
    James Partridge

Good choice on the blue hands and onion crown. The blue hands look black most of the time anyway, so it's nice to have that little burst of color every once in a while. And the onion crown is very comfortable and easy to operate.

My Ikarus arrived today. Sort of. The FedEx tracking information shows it was delivered, but it must now be in corporate mail-room hell, because it hasn't arrived at my desk yet. I think it's going to be harder waiting the next few hours thatn it was waiting the past few months.
    Last edited by TimeZero; September 15th, 2009 at 04:12. Reason: corrected spelling errors
    James Partridge

Quote Originally Posted by TimeZero View Post
    My Ikarus arrived today. Sort of. The FedEx tracking information shows it was delivered, but it musts now be in corporate mail-room hell, because it hasn't arrived at my desk yet. I think it's going to be harder waiting the next few hours thatn it was waiting the past few months.
    My Antea 390 is due anytime now. The anticipation is murder!

Thread Information