Looking for some help with the Seatimes

Thread: Looking for some help with the Seatimes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for some help with the Seatimes

Hello, just about to pull the trigger on a Stowa Seatime but need some advise. Really like the design of the watches, but have never seen one in real live. Can you please give me an idea about the difference in size and weight between the Prodiver and and the normal Seatime. How is the lume on the Prodiver and Seatime? I am really pulled between the Yellow Seatime with Chronometer movement and the Limette Prodiver.
    Can you compare the weight, feel and wear of the Prodiver to the Dreadnaught? Of course the design is completly different, but just to help get some sort of a comparism.
    Thanks a million
    Daniel

Re: Looking for some help with the Seatimes

I have the same questions and face the decision. Although, I'm really tempted by the custom dial colors like the Melone on the Prodiver.

Pull the trigger on a Stowa Seatime. I think you'll be glad you did. I think I got a very good value for the price. I bought mine early in March. Its conservative, black face/black bezel, sapphire back, blued screws, bracelet and deployment buffalo strap. Now I want a rubber strap too. I don't know if there's any difference in the Seatime and the Prodiver case itself. The crystal is 3.7 v. 3mm thick on the Prodiver and there's no sapphire back option. I'd email Stowa and ask. They respond the next day.
    I don't know about the weights of either version. The Seatime is a chunk of steel alright but its not absurd.
    Last edited by starspeed; April 8th, 2006 at 02:21.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

I can't comment on the Prodiver because I've never handled one, but I can tell you that I've been thrilled with my yellow chronometer since the day it arrived. Of all the watches I've owned, it is still one of my very favorite watches. A lot of watches have come and gone since I bought my Seatime, but it remains. If you know me, that alone says plenty about this watch. :gold

Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

That's a beautiful Seatime XTrooper! Love the yellow dial. How's the lume?

the new prodiver glows like a tourch at night, and is very easy to read the time... it is so clear, best watch I have for seeing the time at night.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Thank you Ernie. I'm leaning towards the Prodiver and have already contacted Jorg. I'm really intrigued by the melone dial. What was your impression when you saw it in person. Orange? Yellow? A mixture of the two?

Thank you Ernie. I'm leaning towards the Prodiver and have already contacted Jorg. I'm really intrigued by the melone dial. What was your impression when you saw it in person. Orange? Yellow? A mixture of the two?
    I think those special colors where pre-orders and all is sold-out, only black, orange and limette (2 of them) are available now. But I can be wrong!!

I bought a black Pro. and I'm so happy with it. I want an Orange and Silver dial now, have to save and buy one/year, I hope that Jorg will sell the Silver dial for sale or if I can make a custom order.

Over and Out
    Mike
    Steinhart Nav-B II
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT
    Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red
    Steinhart Triton 100ATM Stahl
    Poseidon Pro 500
    Seiko Helmet 1976
    Marina Militare knock-off for $5
    Casio MTD1054

The melone dial is a stunner, Jörg's favorite. The lime was also pretty cool. Black was great and the bright blue one with the orange hands was cool as well! Hard to pick a color.....
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

The prodiver is truly a a very special watch, (excellent job Jorg) that coating of superlume is excellent, it glow like a torch, making it so easy to read in the dark, no need to try work out which way the watch is at that fussy half sleep state early in the morning, just glance at it and you know what the time is. The more you wear this watch the more you'll become attached to it, like Mike says, once you get one you'll be after other colours. This is a picture of my custom blue dial prodiver and it's superlume (bad picture, but you'll get the idea).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information