"Made In Germany" on the dial--is this a new trend for Stowa Marine watches? - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Made In Germany" on the dial--is this a new trend for Stowa Marine watches?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: "Made In Germany" on the dial--is this a new trend for Stowa Marine watches?

Quote Originally Posted by rifmon View Post
    I agree. You may end up appreciating the slightly cleaner dial.

But it’s good you clarified this. You avoided a surprise disappointment when it reached your door.
    And I owe that to your suggestion, thanks.

Just to close this out, I received another email from Stowa. This time from the Instant Chat rep, Sarah Kamau. It was a very nice apology for her error. So nice that it made me kind of feel like a jerk, lol. She assured me that it wasn't intentional, which of course I never even suspected, and thanked me for continuing on with the order.

I wrote back that I didn't think it was that big of a deal and that Stowa's inconsistent marking of the dials is bound to lead to confusion for clients and employees alike.

In any case, I'm still very much looking forward to my new Stowa, and, like rifmon said, who knows I may just end up appreciating the super clean dial even more. I'm still going to brag to all my Swiss watch wearing buddies that mine's made in the Black Forest of Germany, which I think is pretty cool.

Re: "Made In Germany" on the dial--is this a new trend for Stowa Marine watches?

I have the old dial and Logo MO with the "made in germany" on it and it was a big deal to me--it completes the dial IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DowningB View Post
    And I owe that to your suggestion, thanks.

Just to close this out, I received another email from Stowa. This time from the Instant Chat rep, Sarah Kamau. It was a very nice apology for her error. So nice that it made me kind of feel like a jerk, lol. She assured me that it wasn't intentional, which of course I never even suspected, and thanked me for continuing on with the order.

I wrote back that I didn't think it was that big of a deal and that Stowa's inconsistent marking of the dials is bound to lead to confusion for clients and employees alike.

In any case, I'm still very much looking forward to my new Stowa, and, like rifmon said, who knows I may just end up appreciating the super clean dial even more. I'm still going to brag to all my Swiss watch wearing buddies that mine's made in the Black Forest of Germany, which I think is pretty cool.

I'm glad I was able to help and you will certainly enjoy your new Stowa as I do mine. I've had mine for 2 years now and it never gets old simply due to Stowa's quality and attention to details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information