Marine Auto gaining 2 minutes a day?

Thread: Marine Auto gaining 2 minutes a day?

Marine Auto gaining 2 minutes a day?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to determine what could be the cause(s) behind the marine auto gaining ~2 min a day? Also I'd like to know if the cause can be remedied locally (Eastern US) or do I have to send it back to Jorg? Thanks!

-James

stuffler,mike

Re: Marine Auto gaining 2 minutes a day?

2 min is way too much, any experienced watchmaker can deal with an ETA 2824-2).

I know that policies on this vary from manufacturer to manufacturer--will doing that void a Stowa warranty?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've had my Marine auto running for 5 days now and in that time it has lost 3 seconds. Can anyone comment on whether this is a normal level of accuracy? This is my first mechanical watch so really have no idea, but a few seconds in a week is way more accurate than I somehow expected, especially after negative comments about the accuracy of mechanical watches versus quartz from my parents who grew up on the old technology.

Although - as far as I know - Stowas are regulated to run a few seconds fast rather than slow, 3 seconds loss in 5 days is excellent accuracy.

My Antea gains 0,5-1 sec/day, while my Seatime gains 6-7 sec/day; and I can happily live with this accuracy.

This is all going down to the essence of a witty remark in a German forum: those who cannot tolerate a few seconds inaccuracy should regulate their time management instead of the watch.

regards,
    walsh

Quote Originally Posted by walsh View Post
    Although - as far as I know - Stowas are regulated to run a few seconds fast rather than slow, 3 seconds loss in 5 days is excellent accuracy.

My Antea gains 0,5-1 sec/day, while my Seatime gains 6-7 sec/day; and I can happily live with this accuracy.

This is all going down to the essence of a witty remark in a German forum: those who cannot tolerate a few seconds inaccuracy should regulate their time management instead of the watch.

regards,
    walsh
    Ha ha ha, I agree. I work in Paris and Frenchtime works somewhat slower than 3 or 4 seconds per week! Often, as the only English person attending a meeting, I find myself sat there on my own 25 minutes past the scheduled start time thinking maybe I got the wrong room. Still, gives me plenty of time to admire my watch.

Off topic Re: Marine Auto gaining 2 minutes a day?

That is how you make the best of your time.
    By the way, this kind of cultural shock is very familiar for me, too. It is even more disappointing if you experience it with friends. Being repeatedly late for a meeting somehow conveys the message: 'I know you are there waiting, but I just could not care less'.
    Considering the heavy sums of money spent on various things that supposedly make life really enjoyable, it is not understandable at all, why precious time is wasted so often.

regards,
    walsh

Thread Information