Marine Classic Issue
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By JunkerJorge

Thread: Marine Classic Issue

Marine Classic Issue

So I picked up a Marine Classic directly from Stowa during the advent calendar event. It is a beautiful watch and I love how it wears. However, when I received the watch it had an issue with the manual winding action. Every so often when manual winding the crown will "slip." It makes a popping sound and feel. It seems to be about every 4 revolutions of the crown. I had this issue immediately upon receipt of the watch. I contacted Stowa but I guess they were on Christmas break and recently heard back. I was told I could ship it back for 109 euros and they would check it out. I asked if there weren't some alternate solutions as I basically received the item directly from them with the issue. I heard back that the repairs themselves would be free (if it was determined the damage wasn't from shock or dropping. How can I know what fedex did with the watch?) but if I took it to a local watchmaker it would void my warranty. I'm pretty frustrated with the situation and not sure what to do. Any advice?

Same thing happened to me. The problem was that they have this stupid automated email you get regardless of the age of the watch. When I made a ruckus they told me that of course it’s free and that I misunderstood them.

Just tell them again that the watch is new and should be fixed under warranty.

Re: Marine Classic Issue

I didn't get an automated email and I got a response from a real person. My understanding is that I still have to cover 109 euros for shipping, right? For a watch that had issues out of the box?

Also any idea what the issue might be? Broken mainspring?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry, I worded that wrongly. It was not an automated e-mail, but rather copy pasted answer. Have you replied and told them that the watch is basically brand new?

I had a black speck on the dial of my Marine 36. The initial communication was a bit off, but I ended up posting about it here and working with Stowa via email to get it resolved. They fixed the issue and covered shipping from AU to Germany and back (also ensuring that I didn’t get hit with customs again). I would fully expect them to step up and resolve your problem as well, just be sure to re-iterate the problem and that it is a new watch. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evanr View Post
    I had a black speck on the dial of my Marine 36. The initial communication was a bit off, but I ended up posting about it here and working with Stowa via email to get it resolved. They fixed the issue and covered shipping from AU to Germany and back (also ensuring that I didn’t get hit with customs again). I would fully expect them to step up and resolve your problem as well, just be sure to re-iterate the problem and that it is a new watch. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what should and most likely will happen. They take care of folks.

Watch en route back to the black forest. Hoping for the best.

Just an update in case anyone reads this in the future. After getting back in touch with STOWA they setup up a pick up and sent a FedEx rep to my house with a box. I sent it off as previously posted and Stowa sent me an email to confirm they received my parcel safe and sound.

About a week later I heard back that the watch was on its way back. (They replaced the winding pinion and something else I didn’t quite understand for anyone interested). I now have tracking info and it should be here by the end of the week. Stowa took care of everything except for walking the watch to the door to hand to FedEx.
    jmariorebelo, Quartersawn and EHV like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkerJorge View Post
    Just an update in case anyone reads this in the future. After getting back in touch with STOWA they setup up a pick up and sent a FedEx rep to my house with a box. I sent it off as previously posted and Stowa sent me an email to confirm they received my parcel safe and sound.

About a week later I heard back that the watch was on its way back. (They replaced the winding pinion and something else I didn’t quite understand for anyone interested). I now have tracking info and it should be here by the end of the week. Stowa took care of everything except for walking the watch to the door to hand to FedEx.
    Glad things are working out.

From my experience, there are few (if any) watch companies that can match Stowa's customer service.

Cheers.

Thread Information