marine original accuracy

Thread: marine original accuracy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

marine original accuracy

Hi Guys

Have been hanging my nose over the marine original and was wondering what sort of accuracy people have been getting out of them?

My apolgies if this has already been posted... tried to find it but couldn't.

steve

Re: marine original accuracy

+10s /day for my new MO. Could be worse...

As far as I've read the Unitas movement is less susceptible to the impact, than other movements and is reliable movement. My understanding is that Stowa do not do COSC for the MO. Why not? It's should not be hard, right? Thank you for the input.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ufc75 View Post
    As far as I've read the Unitas movement is less susceptible to the impact, than other movements and is reliable movement. My understanding is that Stowa do not do COSC for the MO. Why not? It's should not be hard, right? Thank you for the input.
    You are righ: It shouldn't be hard................ since it's impossible!

I don't know any source delivering an UNITAS 6497/6498 with a COSC specification,

Volker

Thanks for your responses guys...

10+ eh? Don't suppose you can grumble at that... though I must admit, I would have hoped for single figures.

It's a far more beautiful movement through the saphire than you'd get with the automatic to be sure... and the "pocket watch" movement in a deck watch / wrist watch has a certain historical pleasure to it... and the small second hand is where the marine gets a lot of its charm... but for a third less you can get the cosc and greater accuracy... even if the movement is a little less snazzy... but then what does snazzy matter if it isn't as accurate... and what about the (to me at least) less pleasing date window!!!

Was hoping the original would come back 8 or 9+ then my decision would have been easier...

Tough choice!

Steve

Mine is +12/day.

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    You are righ: It shouldn't be hard................ since it's impossible!

I don't know any source delivering an UNITAS 6497/6498 with a COSC specification,

Volker

I kind of new it too. But remember reading somewhere that Panerai Radomir had COSC cert. So I search for it again and it appears that it was description from private seller who apparently didn't know what he was talking about. Official sources only saying that the movement running within COSC.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Thanks for your responses guys...

10+ eh? Don't suppose you can grumble at that... though I must admit, I would have hoped for single figures.

It's a far more beautiful movement through the saphire than you'd get with the automatic to be sure... and the "pocket watch" movement in a deck watch / wrist watch has a certain historical pleasure to it... and the small second hand is where the marine gets a lot of its charm... but for a third less you can get the cosc and greater accuracy... even if the movement is a little less snazzy... but then what does snazzy matter if it isn't as accurate... and what about the (to me at least) less pleasing date window!!!

Was hoping the original would come back 8 or 9+ then my decision would have been easier...

Tough choice!

Steve
    Not all movements are created equally (some more stable and precise) and some can be adjusted to be astonishingly accurate.

The movement in the MO I wear 15 hours on wrist, 9 off wrist, runs +2/day and is a bit susceptible to positional variation and by leaving it tilted one way or the other will compensate for whether it is slightly ahead or behind the UTC time standard so when I awake for its daily wind-up, it remains astonishingly close to being on the money.

If your main concern is accuracy/stability, then of course there are COSC and quartz movements that are, by their very nature, designed to be accurate/stable and precise.

Marine pocket watches did not have windows.

Glen

Any watch can be certified to COSC, but is it worth it? My Stowa Airman with COSC has a very constant rate of +7.5 secs/day but that is poor accuracy. My understanding is that the Swan neck regulator allows for much better accuracy when regulated but different factors like temperature and oil viscosity can affect the running of the watch. A good watchmaker can regulate a watch very cheaply, you don't need a cert for that! :)

Mine has been +7 for the last 6 months. New in spring of 2008. When it was brand new, it was 0-+2 and I was amazed at the performance. Very stable rate, even though it is now running fast.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information