Marine Original on navy blue straps
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Marine Original on navy blue straps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marine Original on navy blue straps

I've had my MO on a navy blue DiModell Jumbo for awhile and thought I'd post some pics. This strap is pretty thick, but is quite soft and comfortable. I also find the shade of blue to be just right.

I also purchased a navy blue DiModell genuine alligator strap awhile ago but have not (until today) put it on the watch. The gator strap is 22/18mm, allowing me to use the Stowa signed deployment buckle. I really like the Jumbo, it works well. But I feel it's just slightly too thick to look perfectly balanced against the MO lugs. The alligator strap is now my favorite - it's so nice! To me this is a must-have strap for all MO owners (unless maybe you are in the EU and can get the Stowa-signed gator straps without hassles). Pics below - hope you enjoy.

DiModell Jumbo:

DiModell Louisiana Genuine Alligator:

Last edited by JarrodS; May 26th, 2011 at 19:07.
    Renisin likes this.

Re: Marine Original on navy blue straps

Both are great, but I really like the gator.

DiModell Jumbo:

DiModell Alligator:

[/QUOTE]
    NikAlex and Renisin like this.
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Gator = great !
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey Jarrods,

That gator strap is the cats meow!!!! The size is perfect,too! What did you pay and where can I get one,do they have any other colors in the gator?

The M.O. is the best looking deal in watches,coupled with the right gator strap it becomes a truly timeless timepiece.

Ren

Renisin - I lucked into finding this one pre-owned in mint condition. There are various vendors who deal in DiModell but I know that Freda Watch Straps has them for $160 in your choice of color and with either matching or contrast stitch.

If you want something less expensive but still unique/exotic, I can also recommend the DiModell genuine sharkskin which can be had for about a third of the price of the gator one. It's also a favorite of mine for the MO. The fact that these DiModell straps are handmade in Germany is also a nice complement to our Stowa/Schauer watches. Here's mine on the black 22/18 sharkskin (again, this works with the Stowa signed deployment):

Last edited by JarrodS; May 26th, 2011 at 20:24.
    Renisin likes this.

Jarrods,

Thanks!! That shark looks great as well. I've got the M.O. in the durowe movement coming and am thinking of putting something unique on it, as it will be a very special watch for me. I should be getting my flieger with logo soon and also am thinking of putting a gator strap on it,possibly with the contrast stitching. As you can see I am sold on Stowa watches. I am still thinking about ordering the prodiver.

Ren

As I am searching for Straps for my soon-to-arrive Marine Automatic I came across this Thread.
    How great are these Straps??? :D
    I like both Jumbo and Luisiana..! Could you perhaps post a photo that shows how thick the Jumbo strap is from the side?
    You mention that it is pretty thick but doesn't actually show very thick in the pictures.
    Thanks.
    Stowa Marine Automatic

The Louisiana (or the sharkskin) are the way to go with the MO. Both are 22/18mm so you can use the Stowa-signed deployant if you want.

The Jumbo is just a bit too thick for the MO. It looks great on a thicker 775x-based watch though. I use mine on a gray-dial/blue hands Hamilton chronograph I've got and it's the perfect proportion. You can see what I mean in this crummy cellphone pic I just snapped with the Jumbo on the left side of the MO and the Louisiana alligator on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by JarrodS; January 23rd, 2012 at 14:50.
    Renisin likes this.

Thanks for the Photo Jarrod, you've been more than helpful..!
    The Aligator with stitch you have is the one I see here?
    Uhrenarmband Alligator w/stitch - Leder Uhrenarmbänder von Di-Modell
    Stowa Marine Automatic

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

++ for the gator strap
    - for the Jumbo
    Renisin likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information