Marine Original - WOW

Thread: Marine Original - WOW

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Marine Original - WOW

I was in a photographic shop today and looking at the new Olympus Pen camera. When the shop asst started explaining to me the camera, I noticed another chap interested in the camera wearing a Marine Original. I rather rudely stopped listening to the shop asst, and commented on the watch the other chap was wearing. He took it off and offered it to me to have a look. All I can say is - WOW!!!. Much better in person than on the computer screen, dial beautifully deep white, the blued hands were exquisite, the movement looked masterfully decorated through the saphire back - all in all, it was really very impressive. It seemed larger than I expected, probably due to the large face to case proportions. I told the bemused camera shop asst I'd rather have the watch than the camera!

He walked off - and the MO wearer turned out to be an expert on photography and able to offer helpful advice to me. All day all I could think of was that watch - didn't buy the camera Great watch, Great watch wearer, a good day!

si
    Last edited by Simon; July 19th, 2009 at 19:13. Reason: spelling
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Thumbs Up Re: Marine Original - WOW

It's nice to have a sighting 'in the wild.' Helps me rationalize my watch compulsion.

Ed

Re: Marine Original - WOW

Haha, reading that didnt help my need to order one! NOW!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seeing a while MO serial prompted me to get in on the MO LE 2. Looking forward to seeing that one in the flesh.

Great story... my new (to me) MO is currently on a UPS truck for another few days... the waiting sux

No comment required .

Last edited by langtoftlad; July 18th, 2009 at 23:32.
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

Best looking Stowa watch. By far!

Nice "StowaStory." I'm still awaiting the day that I actually catch a glimpse of a stowa on the street. I'm in DC, so of course there are far too many rolex sightings and panerai sightings, but no stowas yet. That said, I have had many guys ask about my watches, hopefully some have gone on to check out the brand. I do try to play the part of stowa ambassador/missionary....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjohn View Post
    Nice "StowaStory." I'm still awaiting the day that I actually catch a glimpse of a stowa on the street. I'm in DC, so of course there are far too many rolex sightings and panerai sightings, but no stowas yet. That said, I have had many guys ask about my watches, hopefully some have gone on to check out the brand. I do try to play the part of stowa ambassador/missionary....
    Give me till later in the year and you'll see me in DC with a newly acquired MOLE II. And, if you see a guy with a Sinn U2 Black EZM 5 on a PVD bracelet between now and then, feel free to say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Da5Id View Post
    Give me till later in the year and you'll see me in DC with a newly acquired MOLE II. And, if you see a guy with a Sinn U2 Black EZM 5 on a PVD bracelet between now and then, feel free to say hello!
    Ha, will do. Though I'll soon be back in the 'stans and I know I'll see no stowas over there. Maybe a sundial tied to a donkey.

Can't wait to get that mole II. I was just checking out straps from a strap maker I use. I'm def going with black leather. My reg black MO has a brown strap now. Will like the diff.

Anyway, good luck with the move.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information