mesh on Stowa ?

Thread: mesh on Stowa ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mesh on Stowa ?

Hello there,

I have seen that Stowa offers mesh bracelet in some of their classic dress watches like Antea KS.

I have a simple question asking for your opinion. Do mesh bracelet loose some of appearance of a dress watch? A mesh bracelet fits in every color with a suit, but I wonder if it may compare with the classic appearance of a leather strap?

what do you think guys about mesh?

:thanks

Re: mesh on Stowa ?

I have paired my Stowa MO with mesh bracelet before and it is as dressy as with leather straps. The mesh is -unlike normal bracelet- gives the classic look to the watch

Initially when placing my order, I ordered the mesh bracelet, However after seeing a MO romans on mesh, I didnt like it and prefered it on leather. Strangely though, i think the MO arabic numerals, looks good on mesh!
    Stowa Marine Original Roman
    Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk WR200

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm with James on this one. I tried my MO Roman on mesh and didn't care for it. In fact, it might have been one of my photos that turned him off of the idea.

On the other hand, I think that the mesh looks fantastic on the Antea models. Go figure! Perhaps it's the size difference between the MO and Antea and the mesh bracelets that fit them. A 22mm mesh, for me, really only works on divers.

Rob

All my personal opinions:

-bracelets in general are good because they match everything (sporty wear). dont have to match strap color to belt & shoes, etc

-however, in general i prefer straps to bracelets. (so i have a watch with black, brown, and blue straps)

-in specific, the stowa mesh looks very feminine. like for a small womens watch or thinner models like antea. doesnt look at all well-paired with Marine

Quote Originally Posted by picanhapilot View Post
    All my personal opinions:

-bracelets in general are good because they match everything (sporty wear). dont have to match strap color to belt & shoes, etc

-however, in general i prefer straps to bracelets. (so i have a watch with black, brown, and blue straps)

-in specific, the stowa mesh looks very feminine. like for a small womens watch or thinner models like antea. doesnt look at all well-paired with Marine

+1 on all of the above (or +3?). Received the Antea KS on mesh for my wife: looks wonderful on her, but not so good on me. I tried moving it onto a black calf with contrasting white stitching as a test; now it looked ab-fab on me, and so-so on her. Whoever said above that big mesh bracelets look great on divers, I agree. The smaller mesh bracelets, IMHO, look perfect on the Antea's as a women's watch.

See that works too, but it just doesnt work on an MO roman! weird how much of a difference straps make on each watch!
    Stowa Marine Original Roman
    Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk WR200

Quote Originally Posted by James_N View Post
    ...weird how much of a difference straps make on each watch!
    And indeed on who's wrist...
    One style doesn't suit all - one has to find one's own path in all things .
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

Quote Originally Posted by Hary View Post
    I have paired my Stowa MO with mesh bracelet before and it is as dressy as with leather straps. The mesh is -unlike normal bracelet- gives the classic look to the watch

Looks so gorgeous. A pleasure to look the picture. Hary, thanks for sharring beautiful picture with rest of us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information