Mini FO LE

Thread: Mini FO LE

Mini FO LE

Hello all,

I am lucky to acquire this Airman Automatic Limited Edition that I drooled for since last year. I missed the reserve list to put my name on it. I put my name onto the "backup" list that Viveca kindly helped in case someone would dropped his reservation. Well, no one did. So, after a year a wait - and let myself idle and sought for other preys - I've finally got my hands on this piece of precious jewel. And yep, all twenty five of them!

To me, this watch looks just like a miniature FO LE. It hugs my wrist better than my MO LE. The brushed case and slightly domed sapphire crystal are my favorite combination. The "old style" strap is longest strap I have ever had but it is surprisingly comfortable and I am at the third one down from the tightest position. The short strap has two strap holders and the "floating" one tugs perfectly into the gap at where the both ends of strap wrap to the underside meet. The watch is almost weightless and it is so light I thought I am only wearing the strap.

You all know very well about this watch so I won't waste much of your time in writing a review about it. I am still in the "wear in" period so I don't know the accuracy yet and will let you know. It is, to my surprise, not a COSC model movement nor the "Corte de Geneve" decorated. It is a shame for a Limited Edition Airman not to have such decoration and yet the less expensive Antea KS does. It does have blue screws and a fancy German silver rotor. The engravings on the rotor are what this watch is worthy of.

Anyhow, here are the pictures of the watch. The lume is amazing, but shaky. It compares with my Sinn 856 and immeidately makes 856 looks like a 20 watts night light.

Upon arrival:

Compares with MO LE:

Case back comparison with MO LE:

Side view reveals Limited Edition engravings:

Case back:

Comparison with my TAG:

My favorite amigos:

Shaky lume shot with 856:

Wrist shot with a big thumb up (actually is two thumbs up but I need another to hold the camera:)

Another hairy wrist shot, hee,hee....:

Re: Mini FO LE

Nice shots, nice collection

looks awsome. congrats

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Congrats on a nice catch. Wear it always in good health.

Great watch, looking forward to my Airman more each time I see pictures like this!

Wait, is this the second round, the serial version of the FO LE?

Nope. You obviously got confused with this Airman LE with FO LE. This Airman LE was issued last year to celebrate Stowa 80th Anniversary and is an automatic and was only 80 of them made - hence Limited Edition. The serie FO LE has not been issued yet and it is a handwound watch with larger dimensions than this watch and is the regular production watch with no limit amount, knock on wood, and hope that's what Jorg will do. The FO LE stands for Flieger Original Limited Edition and the serie watch is a production model that replaces and substitutes the LE model for those of us who did not make it on the "lucky 80" FO LE list.

These acronyms are really interesting and to distinguish the models this Airman is called Airman Automatic Limited Edition (or AALE?) and the Flieger Original Limited Edition is what you understood as FO LE. Hence the O as Original and it's a handwound watch. I don't know what the serie watch for FO would be called but I think it's would just be called a serie FO (S FO)?? or as simple as FO.

Thread Information