MO with Durowe Movement - A Few Questions

Thread: MO with Durowe Movement - A Few Questions

MO with Durowe Movement - A Few Questions

Greetings,

First post here, please be kind. I'm not normally a watch guy, I am however a marine chronometer collector and have a passion for detached detent chronometers. Rather than relying on my iPhone to give me the time, I've been looking to add a watch that I can use everyday which would remind me of my collection. Of course, after a bit of research there is really only one watch that would satisfy my needs, that of course is the MO by Stowa.

I have ordered the MO with the Durowe movement just a couple of days ago. There are a few reason that I chose this model over the base model and other "marine" models from other makers:
    1. it has the silver dial and second hand at the 6 position, which is reminiscent of marine chronometers
    2. it has the classic look of the marine chronometer - i.e. clean and readable
    3. it has the hand wind movement - the wearer should always be in tune with his watch, it is somewhat of a zen moment to wind
    4. from all that I've read, Stowa is the way to go with respect to customer service and having a passion all their own, which seems to be in line with mine. I also appreciate that Jorg is so reachable
    Now, for a few questions about the Durowe movement and MO in general. I tried to search, but the information about the movement was old and not updated in the past few months:
    1. Have any of these movements been delivered as of yet?
    2. Any idea as to the number of movements that are planned?
    3. Are there a lot of orders that are in front of mine?
    4. Are there any options for customizing the movement (at least for movement decoration or engraving). I see the engraving section on the website, but this is for rotors on the automatic movements.
    5. Do the movements get serialized?
    6. Is it difficult to scratch the crystal (I'm hard on things)
    I look forward to receiving my Marine Original and becoming part of this forum in the future.

All the Best,

Michael

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: MO with Durowe Movement - A Few Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mdjtlj View Post
    Have any of these movements been delivered as of yet?
    No, not afaik.
    Any idea as to the number of movements that are planned?
    No, the Durowe will just start. More about the idea of an own movement on the Durowe website. Have a look there.
    Are there a lot of orders that are in front of mine?
    This question can't be answered by members here, please e-mail Stowa at [email protected].

Are there any options for customizing the movement (at least for movement decoration or engraving). I see the engraving section on the website, but this is for rotors on the automatic movements
    look at DUROWE - Deutsche Uhrenrohwerke
    Do the movements get serialized?
    Not planned afaik.
    Is it difficult to scratch the crystal
    Depends on ther material. Any crystal can be scratched. However a sapphire crystal wouldn't give me a headache.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; August 21st, 2011 at 15:31.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Greetings,

For further info for all reading this thread. Have had some correspondence with Stowa on my ordered watch (Marine Original Durowe) that I thought I'd share will all.

- Delivery is still mid November as per the website.
    - They are not offering any special decoration on the Durowe movement beyond that which is shown on the Durowe website
    - They will gladly change the onion crown to the standard crown.

As usual, the communication has been great. I really look forward to getting this watch.

As a side note, anybody else out there waiting for this particular model, if so, please respond with your options. I'm getting the MO Durowe with brown nappa strap, deployment bracelet with regular crown.

Michael

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mdjtlj View Post
    As a side note, anybody else out there waiting for this particular model, if so, please respond with your options. I'm getting the MO Durowe with brown nappa strap, deployment bracelet with regular crown.

Michael

Ordered early June (after much dithering) - MO Durowe, grey crocco strap, deployment bracelet, onion crown.
    The wait is killing me! Never have I been more keen to send a large payment to a supplier. Come on Jorg just tell me you want the payment and it will be in your bank three seconds later!

Thread Information