MO LE2 - fluctuating quantity

Thread: MO LE2 - fluctuating quantity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO LE2 - fluctuating quantity

I've been looking at the remaining quantities left for the Stowa Marine Original LE 2 on Watchbuys and noticed that the available numbers has been "fluctuating". I thought once someone puts down a deposit for a particular number, the number is gone? Last week there were 4 left and now there are 6 remaining. How is this possible? Is someone pulling our legs with this LE? I'm disappointed with the handling of this strange matter for the current Stowa LE edition....

Re: MO LE2 - fluctuating quantity

Hello and welcome to this forum.
    Why are you disappointed? You don't know what has happened. You are just suspecting people you don't know.

I guess, that's not a good start here,

Volker

Volker, If a watch is limited edition and supposedly there are only 4 numbers remaining. Then the following week there are now 6 numbers (increase of 2) left. Wouldn't you be curious to know how limited the actual quantity is of the MO LE2? What if the available numbers increase again? Are people foregoing their deposits due to the lack of characteristics (ie. enamel dial) as compared to the MO LE1?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To get any kind of authoritative answer, you'll have to email Watchbuys.

If I had to guess the answer, though, I'd say that shoppers on the fence are putting the MOLE II in their cart (thus removing the number from the available list) but not following through in purchasing it. For all I know, if you leave your browser open you can "reserve" the watch indefinitely, or at least until Watchbuys kicks you off.

stuffler,mike

Ask watchbuys. They are running the list. No one here has insight. Just my two cents.

Lightbulb Re: MO LE2 - fluctuating quantity

Quote Originally Posted by tee530 View Post

If I had to guess the answer, though, I'd say that shoppers on the fence are putting the MOLE II in their cart (thus removing the number from the available list) but not following through in purchasing it. For all I know, if you leave your browser open you can "reserve" the watch indefinitely, or at least until Watchbuys kicks you off.
    +1

tee530, you hit it on the mark. I talked to Watchbuys earlier and they told me that a cause could be the "adding" shopping cart game that some individuals play. Either that or buyer's remorse, which I can't blame due to the lackluster economy. I appreciate the reply. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by aston.db4 View Post
    Either that or buyer's remorse, which I can't blame due to the lackluster economy.

Or perhaps the "Hey, honey, guess what Stowa put out today..." conversation didn't go so well....

Makes sense!

Or perhaps the "Hey, honey, guess what Stowa put out today..." conversation didn't go so well....

Or it could be what happened to me...
    I asked for a specific number (rest of the world) and was offered a different number.

It was only Viveca's email today that alerted me that Stowa thought they had my order, but I assumed that my refusal of the serial offered had effectively canceled my interest.

It is also possible that a couple of purchasers have had to cancel their order despite the risk of losing their deposit - sh1t happens - hopefully Watchbuys would refund that deposit if they managed to resell.
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast