MO with Onion crown
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MO with Onion crown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MO with Onion crown

I received this MO in April. It is the standard model, matte finish, but I asked Stowa if they could send it to me with the onion crown. It's not like I am the first to think of this. The silver-dialed version comes this way, but I really like it. What do you think?
    Name:  Stowa MO Onion crown.jpg
Views: 1897
Size:  140.0 KB
    Name:  Stowa MO Blued hands.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  163.9 KB
    Name:  Stowa MO wrist shot.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  157.1 KB
    JarrodS, oca_9i and NikAlex like this.
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

Re: MO with Onion crown

I love the onion crown. Very nicely made. Fits your MO very well.

Awesome. Great choice. Wish I'd thought of it. The MO is such a beautiful watch. Wore mine all day yesterday. Congratulations!

s.
    COLLECTION

CURRENT - Rolex 14060M | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 Mitsukoshi Panda | Omega Speedmaster 3590.50 | Omega Seamaster 300 Cal. 552 | Seiko SBDX001 Marine Master 300 |Seiko 6309-7040 | Stowa Marine Original | Casio G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Many thanks. Show us when that Fuller comes in.
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

LH2

Looks good and makes sense on a hand wind too. One of these days I'm determined to get myself a M.O.
    Archimede | Damasko | Defakto | Fortis | Glycine | Hamilton | Junghans | Laco | Limes | Oris | Sinn | Stowa | Tutima

I wish I would have done that with mine. Love it!

Three things:

1) The onion crown looks great
    2) That's the best pic of the "new" glossy MO dial I've seen
    3) That's the first time I've seen the MO with matte case finish where I liked it (because of the glossy dial).

I have the MO with the older style matte dial, which for me only the polished case would do. Otherwise the watch overall is too "dull" for my tastes. Your combo with the gloss dial/matte case works great, maybe even better! Congrats on a fine watch.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm really pleased with it. When did Jorg switch over to the glossy dial? I was a bit surprised when I received mine and it looked that way. Not upset. But surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodS View Post
    Three things:

1) The onion crown looks great
    2) That's the best pic of the "new" glossy MO dial I've seen
    3) That's the first time I've seen the MO with matte case finish where I liked it (because of the glossy dial).

I have the MO with the older style matte dial, which for me only the polished case would do. Otherwise the watch overall is too "dull" for my tastes. Your combo with the gloss dial/matte case works great, maybe even better! Congrats on a fine watch.

I wish I would have ordered my MO with the onion crown.

Personally I think the watch winds much nicer with the onion crown (I compare with my FO which has one).
    The standard crown seems to lack a little grip, at least in my personal experience.

So, yes the onion crown is a good choice, and looks really good too.

Enjoy!

CT

You know I'm lovin' it!

Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Bulova Accutron 214 M3
    Bulova Accutron 218 M9
    Stowa Flieger no logo Automatic
    Seiko Orange Monster

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information