Movement finish on No-Logo Airman

Thread: Movement finish on No-Logo Airman

Movement finish on No-Logo Airman

So I'm tossing around the idea of purchasing a no-logo airman, but I'm confused about the differences in how the movement is decorated. I've searched every "cosc vs non-cosc" thread I can find, and understand the differences, but I'm wondering about the differences between the standard no-logo vs the standard with logo. The stowa web site says that the movement on the no logo is "finished" and has the silver rotor. How does this movement compare cosmetically to the cosc movements?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Re: Movement finish on No-Logo Airman

Just go to the Stowa website and there are photos of both movements. The no logo Airman has a larger nicer looking rotor than the other Airman models.

pretty much every surface of the COSC movements have decoration of some kind (whether it's geneva stripes, perlage, colimaconnee diamant, etc.). looks beautiful. but the rotor comes from ETA. typical 2824 rotor but with some decoration. i believe the movement of the no-logo is typically totally unfinished except for the blued screws which all Stowa movements come with now. but it does come with the special german silver rotor made specially by Stowa.

now, you can if you would like order a COSC movement for the no-logo and get all the decoration PLUS you'd get the german silver rotor. and you can also get the german silver rotor put on any stowa watch that comes with an ETA 2824. you just have to ask. costs a bit extra.

but generally speaking (ignoring the special order stuff i mentioned above), the standard no-logo is undecorated except for blued screws and special rotor. the COSC movement on the logo watch will be fully decorated but without the special german silver rotor.

someone can correct me if i'm wrong on anything.
    GW300A-2V
    GS-1000BJ-1A9JF
    DW6900-1V
    G9000-3V
    DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)
    DW-5600WC-1DR (FIFA)
    G9100-2
    GW5525A-1
    DW6600C-1V

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by smittythepig View Post
    pretty much every surface of the COSC movements have decoration of some kind (whether it's geneva stripes, perlage, colimaconnee diamant, etc.). looks beautiful. but the rotor comes from ETA. typical 2824 rotor but with some decoration. i believe the movement of the no-logo is typically totally unfinished except for the blued screws which all Stowa movements come with now. but it does come with the special german silver rotor made specially by Stowa.

now, you can if you would like order a COSC movement for the no-logo and get all the decoration PLUS you'd get the german silver rotor. and you can also get the german silver rotor put on any stowa watch that comes with an ETA 2824. you just have to ask. costs a bit extra.

but generally speaking (ignoring the special order stuff i mentioned above), the standard no-logo is undecorated except for blued screws and special rotor. the COSC movement on the logo watch will be fully decorated but without the special german silver rotor.

someone can correct me if i'm wrong on anything.
    Great answer - I was curious about this as well

Personally I wish I could see all these in person (especially the difference between the 41mm of the AO versus the 40mm of the AA), would make decision making much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by dc_in_sf View Post
    Great answer - I was curious about this as well

Personally I wish I could see all these in person (especially the difference between the 41mm of the AO versus the 40mm of the AA), would make decision making much easier...
    thanks most of these various options can be seen right here on this forum, but it can take a while to search through the posts. the watch photos sub-forum within this stowa forum has a number of them. then you could just do a search within the stowa forum for various things you're looking for. but i am quite sure i have seen great pics of all these options posted by members, as well as comparison pics of the AO and AA side by side.
    GW300A-2V
    GS-1000BJ-1A9JF
    DW6900-1V
    G9000-3V
    DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)
    DW-5600WC-1DR (FIFA)
    G9100-2
    GW5525A-1
    DW6600C-1V

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still not sure which way I'll go, but I plan to keep this watch so I'm leaning towards the COSC. A year from now I'll hardly remember the extra money I spent on it.

-Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by DanMan4142 View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still not sure which way I'll go, but I plan to keep this watch so I'm leaning towards the COSC. A year from now I'll hardly remember the extra money I spent on it.

-Daniel
    that's how i felt about it and i was not disappointed. the finishing is beautiful. and you get a nice little certificate and the knowledge that the movement went through some rigorous testing. also helps resale if you end up flipping it.
    GW300A-2V
    GS-1000BJ-1A9JF
    DW6900-1V
    G9000-3V
    DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)
    DW-5600WC-1DR (FIFA)
    G9100-2
    GW5525A-1
    DW6600C-1V

Well, over the weekend I placed an order for the airman auto, no logo, non-COSC on a black non-riveted strap. I went back and forth on the COSC thing, but decided to go ahead and go the cheaper route, especially considering Stowas reputation for well regulated watches.

Now comes the waiting part...

Quote Originally Posted by DanMan4142 View Post
    Well, over the weekend I placed an order for the airman auto, no logo, non-COSC on a black non-riveted strap. I went back and forth on the COSC thing, but decided to go ahead and go the cheaper route, especially considering Stowas reputation for well regulated watches.

Now comes the waiting part...
    good choice. though any choice, as long as it's a stowa, would have been the right one can't wait to see your pics!
    GW300A-2V
    GS-1000BJ-1A9JF
    DW6900-1V
    G9000-3V
    DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)
    DW-5600WC-1DR (FIFA)
    G9100-2
    GW5525A-1
    DW6600C-1V

Thread Information