Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

Thread: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    219

    Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    I bought this watch, the pictures belong to the inItial owner.












    More details can be found at:
    http://www.musicalfidelity.com/merch...hes/index.html

    Should we be amazed or should we be worried?

  2. #2
    Member Nightflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    104

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    Quote Originally Posted by grig View Post
    Should we be amazed or should we be worried?
    I really love their amps, but i´m not amused about that.
    Best regards

    Nightflight

  3. #3
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    Should we be amazed or should we be worried?
    Well, I am worried about that design theft. Shame on Musical Fidelity

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    363

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    I wouldn't be surprised if that had enough design cues for Jorg to start copyright infringement proceedings.

    I also think the OP should be banned for actually buying the thing, let alone posting pictures of it on here.

    The appropriate action would have been to email Stowa with the link.

    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

    Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW


  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,231

    Thumbs Down Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    That is unacceptable - Mr Schauer and company needs to take appropriate, immediate action.

    Let's just say I used to have respect for Musical Fidelity as a quality audiofidelity manufacturer - lots of class, all of it low.

    Glen

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    442

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    I'm not going to defend the potential copyright infringement issues here, but let's not be so quick to tar and feather Musical Fidelity. They may have no idea that the design of this watch has been pilfered. It is very conceivable that someone approached them and offered them a watch (or a catalogue of designs from which to choose) that they could brand as a specialty or promotional item.

    If that's the case, then I'd want to find out who produced the watch for MF and issue them a cease and desist letter. But the important thing is to know who to aim for.
    James Partridge


    On the wrist today: D. Dornblueth & Sohn 99.8



  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,231

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    Quote Originally Posted by TimeZero View Post
    I'm not going to defend the potential copyright infringement issues here, but let's not be so quick to tar and feather Musical Fidelity. They may have no idea that the design of this watch has been pilfered. It is very conceivable that someone approached them and offered them a watch (or a catalogue of designs from which to choose) that they could brand as a specialty or promotional item.

    If that's the case, then I'd want to find out who produced the watch for MF and issue them a cease and desist letter. But the important thing is to know who to aim for.
    Sure they can remedy it - as well they should.

    That's precisely why action needs to be taken immediately. Musical Fidelity has it on their website. Ignorance does not give license in matters like this.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    442

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    Sure they can remedy it - as well they should.

    That's precisely why action needs to be taken immediately. Musical Fidelity has it on their website. Ignorance does not give license in matters like this.
    Absolutely - they need to be informed and given the opportunity to do the right thing on their own. Who knows? They might be extremely cooperative and apologetic.
    James Partridge


    On the wrist today: D. Dornblueth & Sohn 99.8



  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    219

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    Quote Originally Posted by langtoftlad View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that had enough design cues for Jorg to start copyright infringement proceedings.

    I also think the OP should be banned for actually buying the thing, let alone posting pictures of it on here.

    The appropriate action would have been to email Stowa with the link.


    Isn't here the official Stowa & Schauer forum?

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    363

    Re: Musical Fidelity to Schauer Edition 12

    It is the Stowa forum but it's Watchuseek's - true Jorg visits here from time to time but more direct contact can be made via their own website...

    Email is [email protected]
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

    Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •