My 1st Stowa Flieger

Thread: My 1st Stowa Flieger

My 1st Stowa Flieger

I got my first Stowa Flieger that I picked up on the sales forum.
    All I can say is WOW!!!!

A couple months ago I was deciding between this and the Archimede. I read all the comparisons but looking at the photos they looked very similar and the difference in price was a bit too much for me to justify. Now I have compared them in the flesh and the Stowa is worth much more than the Archimede. Archimede was really nice and excellent build quality but the Stowa is a far more beautiful watch with nicer finishing all around.

I was a bit nervous it might be a bit too big...it wears large but it sits low and flat on my wrist and is very comfortable. I also love the old style strap. Its much nicer than the plasticy ones that Archimede Pilot M came on.

I like it so much that I've ordered the Baumuster Dial version. I think I even like this better than my Damasko, just a great looking watch. Obviously this can't take a beating like a Damasko but its a much sleeker looking watch.

No photos I've seen can do this watch justice...

Anyway I am a big Stowa fan now!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current collection: Tudor BB 36 |MKII Hawkinge| Seiko SARB017 | Seiko SARB035 | Seiko SBDC053| Seiko SBDC059|Seiko SBDC061| Stowa Antea KS
    wishlist: Damasko DA38, DH1.0 , Stowa Baumuster B, Flieger A,

Re: My 1st Stowa Flieger

PS in the background you can see the german cousins
    DamaskoDA 36, DA 37 and Sinn 656
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current collection: Tudor BB 36 |MKII Hawkinge| Seiko SARB017 | Seiko SARB035 | Seiko SBDC053| Seiko SBDC059|Seiko SBDC061| Stowa Antea KS

Looks great, man! You're on quite the watch buying tear. I hit myself everyday for flipping my 2801 LE. Keep that Stowa.
    Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid Met. 10.519-20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah I have been selling off my collection of straight razors (my other hobby) and buying watches instead. Watches can be more expensive but you get to enjoy them and admire them all day, with razors you get to enjoy them for 15 minutes.. :P

Unless you hang them on the wall or something like some people do.

The next Stowa will probably be the last one for this year. I was going to sell one of the Damasko's but it sure nice to have a choice and I can afford to now. I will just keep them all as long as i can afford to unless they are just sitting in the watch box never getting worn.
    There will be a lot of overtime for me too the next few months :P

It would be great to see the Durowe movement in a Flieger again.

I just got into wet-shaving recently. No straights yet for me, just a double-edge, best badger brush and some soap. I really like Damasko, but find them a bit slab-sided. I like the Stowa and can't wait to see this chrono they have coming out.
    Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid Met. 10.519-20.

I can see what you mean about the slab sided. Its more noticeable on the grey case with black dial. Even though its the same case the black case hides the chunkiness. I kind of prefer the DA 37 now.

I think the Damasko is a little taller than the 856 but the other dimensions are exactly the same.

I can't wait to see the new chrono too but I think most automatic chronos are going to be too tall for me, and most are over 40mm so will be too wide for me too.

Contgrats! My flieger auto gets the most wrist time in my collection. Sits perfectly on my wrist with the old time strap.

Thread Information